“Brilliant value for money and staff couldn't do enough for you”
Review of Westminster Hotel

Westminster Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Rhyl
Reviewed August 1, 2009

My husband and I have just returned from 4 nights at the Westminster including breakfast and dinner. We were on a coach tour, but we are 26 and it was a first for us to go on a coach trip.

The hotel is directly oposite the Seaquarium, and next to the white rose shopping centre.

I'm 8 months pregnant and fairly immobile, but still managed to walk the distance between the hotel and the sun centre, cinema, view tower, paddling pool, all the arcades and shops. It was a 15 minute walk for me from the hotel to the most distant attractions / shops, probably 5 mins for a fit person!

The hotel was so clean, everywhere was spotless. The room was simple, a lot like a travelodge. You got a TV (bad reception week we stayed, but soon to be sorted as they're about to swtich to digital in Rhyl), bed, wardrobe, draws, tea making facilities and bathroom with bath / shower.

Our room didn't have a view, but we didn't spend much time there anyway.

The staff were really amazing, went out there way to do everything for me and my husband. They constantly checked I was ok, helped me carry my bags etc. they were so friendly, I've honestly never experienced such brilliant customer service. The staff were the best thing about this place! I think good customer service makes all the difference.

The food was good too, concidering the amount of people they are cattering for. breakfast was tea coffee or juice, then cerial, then cooked breakfast options. The evening meal normally had four or five choices. Starter was usualy soup, juice or florida cocktail. Main meals varied from trout (nicest trout ever!), ham salad, liver, omlette, meat pie, vegetable bake, quiche etc etc. Normally about four choices that you choose at breakfast, served with a bowl or veg and potatoes or chips that you share with the table. All served nice and hot. Puddings were normally about 12 different cakes and puddings. The banoffee pie was a particular favourite with our table!!

I would never recommend Rhyl to anyone (Chav heaven! such a dive....) but if you must go to Rhyl, make sure you stay here, it's the only thing that we loved about the holiday!!!

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank Heavenly_chic

Reviewed August 1, 2009

crummy dump ("budget) Rooms, singles, v hot, noisy, by kitchen. Windows painted shut. Wires hanging down. FOOD, 1970 style@worst. All frozen+canned. Strict portion control. No service anywhere in hotel. Strange rules about drinking water, get from toilet or buy from rude staff@reception @ expensive price. Main road busy +noisy 24/7.

• Stayed: August 2009
2  Thank heyjudeHampshire
Reviewed July 20, 2009

From check in to leaving (5days) thestaff & service was pleasant & helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank quietmanCleveland
Reviewed July 8, 2009

stayed at this hotel at end of june for 5 days, found staff mostly unfriendly, was woken up just before 4am one morning by 10 cages of laundry being dragged over a bumpy car park just underneath my room, sand in shower never got cleaned out all week all housekeeping staff seemed to do was pull duvet up on bed, food was dreadful, very limited menu all frozen or tinned even new potatoes looked dirty, had chicken and ham pie one evening which did not seem to contain any chicken just some undescribable meat which was meant to be ham and reheated frozen veg from night before, gravy coloured water and puff pastry lid, certainly won"t be staying again.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank suzad
Reviewed July 1, 2009

i have just enjoyed a four day coaching break, staying at this hotel. Yes my single room was small but was adequate for my needs. The bed was very comfortable, the linen crisp and clean and lovely thick towels. Food was of a reasonable standard for a two star hotel and despite having to cater for 80 plus guests was always hot. The staff were very nice, always ready for a chat and eager to please. A big thank you to you all.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I stayed here with family for a few nights. The staff were very friendly and the accommodation was very clean. Meals were good although dinner options were limited.

The location of the hotel is ideal for touring all that North Wales has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank denterprised
Reviewed June 15, 2009

The four of us (40/36/14/10) stayed at the Westminster Hotel in Rhyl for just one evening at the end of May 2009. We arrived very late (around midnight) and checked out the next morning at 11am the next morning so my review is based upon a very short stay.

As we made our way to our room we couldn't help but notice the very creaky floorboards. However, this is my only negative comment; everything else about the hotel was fine. We'd booked a family room and was pleasantly suprised by how large the room was. We had a double bed and two full size single beds with loads of space in between. The beds were comfy and the bed linen was crisp and fresh. The shower room was spotless (even meeting my wife's high standards!) Best of all we awoke in the morning to a lovely sea view.

Not the plushest hotel I've ever stayed at but I've rated this hotel as very good because of its cleanliness and value for money.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank FletchUK68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhyl
Pier Hotel Rhyl
#3 of 3 in Prestatyn
Talardy Hotel
Talardy Hotel
#1 of 2 in St. Asaph

Been to Westminster Hotel? Share your experiences!