Westminster Hotel
$62
The Kinmel(Abergele)
$105
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewscoach holidaycoach driversingle roomevening mealsea frontlarge hotelhot watertown centrecarolentertainmentseafrontbreaksnowdonia
Reviewed August 18, 2011

had booked late for one night, on arrival thought I had definatey parked in the wrong car park, had to pay up front as arrived late, whilst climbing the stairs to the room, feeling nauseous from the damp stale and rotten food smells I just knew it wasn't going to be any better once the door was opened. I said to my daughter just go straight back to the car as this may be embarrassing. I went straight back to reception and said i can't stay here it smell so bad< she said what do you mean? I repeated, It smells and its filthy! there was no argument and my card was refunded. I guess they are quite used to this.
Dont even think about staying at this hotel, It needs closing down before it falls down!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank ginahk0712
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I hate complaining BUT feel I must warn other potential guest about this hovel of a hotel. If you have seen the film The amityville horror and the scene where the flys are all over the window then you get the picture. Room had half a mars bar on the floor and the carpet was sticky so I just kept my shoes on at all times. To be fair ensuite was actually very nice great shower. Breakfast I tried once and as I don't like my food luke warm and swimming in grease I breakfasted elsewhere after day one. Alllthough I didn't have much contact with the staff I did hear some guy have a go at a guest for closing the front door, I heard the said member of staff say bloody coach holidayers I am sorry but its the coach holidayers that keep you in business. I highly recommend Rhyl its a lovley holiday town but for your own sakes DON'T pick the Westminster Hotel for your choice of accomodation

• Stayed: August 2011
7  Thank lovelancs
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My wife & I stayed here as part of a Newmarket holiday trip to Portmerion & I can only say that Newmarket holidays really need to inspect this hotel & consider f it is in fact giving them a bad name. We had to use a block of wood provided to "chock" up the only sash window in room 20 in order to have some ventilation. The "En Suite" was a joke as you could not stand at the sink & shut the door at the same time, also when you had used the toilet it was so narrow that you had to leave the "cupbaord" to clean yourself afterwards.I can only say that this hotel is horrendous do yourself a favour & avoid like the plague.

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank r1828
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for one night on the 9th July. Myself ,my husband and 9yr old son arrived and we .given room 9 which is on the first floor,the room was extremely clean and spacious,the view was beautiful over looking the sea.The usual tea/coffee making facilities,plenty of space in the room and a recently decorated ensuite bathroom.We didnt eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food.The staff were so friendly and made you feel very welcome.As for Rhyl itself,dont expect anything great,a lot of it is very run down,but they are trying to tidy the place up.The front has under gone a makeover and really is very nice.Great for a day or two if the weather is nice,but wouldnt really recommend if you want a week or more,there isnt an awful lot to do.The hotel itself has a few parking spaces but they fill quickly,no other free parking is near, surrounding streets are permit holders only,so you may end up paying quite a bit for the multi storey car park.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cupidsbow
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed here with my wife on a coach trip touring North Wales. (3 nights)
We were all made welcome on arrival.
The room we occupied on the top floor overlooked the sea which was very clean and tidy with good beds,tv etc .
The dining room was bright and airy as was the lounge and the staff very friendly.
3 course meals in the dining room were good but a little on the small side !
Be aware that the lift to the first 3 floors only carries 2 people. (no lift to the 4th)
The hotel is situated right on the front opposite the promenade which looks to be recently refurbished.
Overall good basic hotel -Rhyl on the other hand - no thanks

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends