“Horrendous chalette G1”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhyl
Lyons Robin Hood Holiday Park
Ranked #3 of 5 Specialty Lodging in Rhyl
Reviewed October 8, 2013

we arrived yesterday and was greeted presently however that as nice as it got accommodation is terrible I wouldn't leave my dog in it 6 of us thinking of leaving today no bowls plates Manny stench is worst I've smelt sofa full of rips sofa bed not big enough for an eight year old let alone a adult couple safety plugs not been checked since 2012 we all are extremely dissatisfied with this camp and don't recommend it to ANYONE

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank loftyviper

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I read all the other reviews before coming and to be honest I was dreading it.
We arrived the staff were lovely.
There was lots to do day and night for all ages.
The chalets were fine they are budget accommodation so you get what you pay for but there not as bad as the other reviews.
Me my partner and 2 children had a great time and have booked our next holiday.
It's a great place to go and have a family budget holiday.
The shop, chip shop, pub and laundrett are all excellent priced!!!
Had a amazing time x

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank monique p
Reviewed October 4, 2013

on arriving we checked in with realy friendly staff was given map of where chalet was when we pulled up out side there was a bag of dirty sheets out side on opening the door was shocked at the smell of urine and the bin full of rubbish , tea staind cups , dirtie cutlery well the bed was two double materies on top of each , heaters broken , poo marks over bathroom wall plus sofa was stinking and lumpie and tv was 7ft up on wall , coudnt report it as recepytion closedstayed 1 night but didnt sleep i was so upset by all this as it was my birthday so we packed up loaded car and drove around and reported it but got no joy . i will be ring hoseasons as its in the book and its no place for humans to stay ... dirty smelly disgusting place :( i left there in tears on my birthday :( thanx robbing hood for nothing but upset :(

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Marcia L
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Went for a weekend break. Out of season. Had young children. Therefore confined to one clubhouse adjoining an arcade. Got busy and not enough seats. Get there before the bingo otherwise standing room only. Bingo about 8 ish. Bingo good fun. Decent money prizes. Nearon £200 for a full house. Friday night singer after bingo was great quality. Got the place moving and shaking. Arcade safe enough to let kids wander. Great fish & chip shop. Open till about half eleven. Reasonable prices. We had two silver caravans for our group. One was as plush as. Central heating, luxurious decor. The other a bit tired and worn out. But clean enough, microwave, television, oven and hob. Does the job for a short break. Two decent swimming pools. Not much in way of slides or kiddie attractions. Basic but clean and pleasant. The site was clean and tidy. Great base for rhyl. A bit like the day of the triffids visiting rhyl town centre however. Poor place. The sat night entertainment was bingo again. The football was also on and channels changed if you asked. Another singer. Okay. Clientele as expected. Chavtastic. But friendly folk out for a relaxing time. Not overrun with kids. Beer about £3.50 or so. Food available in club house till about 6. Reasonable price. Overall ok for a weekend. Staff friendly. Not sure what some people expect from a caravan park.........you get what you see. A static caravan, cheesy entertainment, people having a drink, and kids playing. Some people want champagne holidays for lemonade money. Would not hesitate to go back. It,s fine for a short break. Everything's there that you need. Golf course across the road and a nice sizzler pub up the road too. ..............

Room Tip: Ask for the updated caravans. Much more luxurious. Near the entertainment to avoid long walks.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank fair2middling
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Well I had read all the bad reviews on here and was dreading this holiday, expecting to arrive amidst a scene from Harry Brown or My Big Fat Gypsy wedding, although at 38 quid it was cheaper than camping.! As we drove up to the chalets I expected 'the boy in the striped pyjamas' to be running out and Rutger Hauer appear from one of the chalets, yes it does look like a concentration camp but to be honest our chalet was great, it was clean, although the furniture was a little dated. The camp was very clean and the caravan site well kept, the nightclub was ok if you like karaoke, the other facilities looked nice enough. If you're having a cheap break you get what you pay for and expect to rough it a bit, if you're a stuck up snob it's not for you. I must say the staff were excellent and very friendly.

1  Thank Stokepunks
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a weekend stay. Our caravan was lovely and clean. The children really enjoyed themselves. Plenty of activities on the camp to keep them happy. Staff were helpfull and friendly. We will be returning next year :)

1  Thank Sophiejane26
Reviewed September 30, 2013

our opinion, we went for the weekend as it was my birthday. Me, my partner, 2 girls 11,3 and my parents.

Accommodation
Stayed in a 3 bed caravan, the worst anyone had to say about it was from my dad "there's no teaspoons". It was clean comfy and had everything you needed (there were teaspoons!!)

Facilities
The pool was ok, the arcade was excellent, upto date machines, adults area, grabbing machines - all seemed in good order. The clubhouse bar was reasonably priced (but small, if playing bingo arrive early for a table or stand up - bearing in mind it was out of season when we visited) entertainment staff did a decent job, ALL staff we encountered were friendly and efficient. The chippy / diner was tasty and, again, not massively over priced. The adults only bar was v good, well maintained snooker table, sky sports, welcoming!!!

I would agree with some previous reviews about some of the clientele, I'll say no more than, a bit rough is an understatement !!! But in saying that, we never felt "out of place" or intimidated and were quiet happy to let 11yr old knock around the arcade on her own.

location
5 mins from Rhyl sea front, not too bad, I would suggest Lyons Winkups park is better positioned.

Now for the negative, we had the opportunity to look around a chalet, my Mrs wouldn't of stayed in one, nor my mum. I reckon I could have managed it, but if you've booked try and pay for an upgrade NOW. As previous reviews, they are what they are small 50s, 60s possibly 70s chalets, if your after nostalgia (and possibly a cold) these are for you.

Would we return??? Certainly, but I think well give Lyons Winkups a try next time as we visited that site and, in our opinion it suited our needs better.

1  Thank boltonsfletch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhyl
Pier Hotel Rhyl
Lyons Nant Hall Hotel
Lyons Nant Hall Hotel
#2 of 4 in Prestatyn
Lyons Woodlands Hall Hotel

Been to Lyons Robin Hood Holiday Park? Share your experiences!