“Brilliant!”
Review of SeaQuarium

SeaQuarium
Ranked #3 of 36 things to do in Rhyl
More attraction details
Owner description: Rhyl SeaQuarium has an open seafront location and sits on the beautiful North Wales coastline. We would like to welcome all new explorers to join us on a voyage of discovery as we travel beneath the waves, from tranquil fresh waters to the cold depths of the abyss. Along the way we will encounter the strangely shaped sturgeon, as well as sharks found off our very own coast and rays that glide effortlessly through the water. We will also find solitary lobsters, conger eels and mystical axolotls before entering the Lethal Reef, home to some of the most poisonous animals on our planet. These are just a few of the amazing, strange and beautiful animals that await us on our adventure.
England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Visited here with my mum and 3 daughters! Had a fantastic time! Very reasonably priced, I was surprised to see sea lions there my daughters got a picture with the sea lion which was nice, little activity trail to follow to learn about all different fish! Super little centre definitely worth a visit as there's not much else to do in Rhyl this time of year

Visited April 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“fish and fun”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

we loved this place only 9 pound to get in and lots to look at its well kept and staff are friendly and helpful. the fish were great my favourite was the rays looks like they fly through the water. i also enjoyed the under water tube thing.

Visited March 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wonderful!!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My fiancé and I had an amazing time, I got to feed the sealions which was amazing!!!! would be great for families although it is a little small but was amazing for myself and my fiancé!

Visited July 2013
Aberystwyth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fishy entertainment !”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Had a brilliant afternoon here. Staff were friendly+in particular, Katie B. who made it unforgettable especially for the children. Will definitely visit again.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Needs some TLC”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This could be a lovely attraction but it is quite shabby looking in places. The big tank where the stingrays are kept was downright dirty. There was filth crusted round the waterline of the pool, and the fish looked listless. Again with the shark tunnel. I don't know if this is common but many of the large fish were just resting on a ledge and not really moving.

The jellyfish display would have looked stunning, but the tank was full of debris, it looked like the water needed to be changed.

Also, several of the tanks were empty so we were looking in vain for fish that weren't there, and sometimes the fish didn't match up with the descriptions and pictures next to the tanks.

The high point was the sealion display. The trainer seemed nice, and I liked that she explained the animals were only trained using positive reinforcement. It was a bit embarrassing that she kept asking us to clap though. There were only about half a dozen of us there! I think she could save the huge performances for summer, and just relax the act a bit for the off-season?

This place could be lovely, but the habitat's need to be thoroughly cleaned, and often!

Visited February 2014