“great location , fab place , best site in north wales :)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhyl
Palins North Wales Holiday Park
Ranked #4 of 4 Specialty Lodging in Rhyl
Reviewed April 25, 2011

we have been going to palains for the last few years its great all staff are fab . its well worth a visit , food in the mag pie and stump is great never had a bad meal nothing bad to repoet at all :D

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tas1235
howayoudoinbaby, Manager at Palins North Wales Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Thank you so much for your great review of Palins.

There are newer reviews for Palins North Wales Holiday Park

Reviewed April 13, 2011

I haven't stayed in a caravan park before. I found Kinmel Bay at first sight depressing with closely packed bungalows, caravan parks and rather downmarket parades of shops. I wondered if I would sleep.
I actually really enjoyed our stay. Our silver standard caravan was very clean, with a small but pleasant living room. Laundry wasn't ironed, but well laundered. Beds were comfortable, though walls between bedrooms were thin. We actually all slept really well, and enjoyed the silence during sleeping hours. Breakfasts were good (great bacon!) and generous, though the kitchen struggled a little to keep up with a rugby team. Both club and pub were easy places to drink (very cheap drink) and good humoured, easy places to have fun. The swimming pool is indoor and warm, but best for children having fun together. There are only small patches of grass next to caravans but it is neatly kept. I saw no litter anywhere. Staff couldn't have been friendlier, as could everyone we met in Rhyl (great Chinese restaurant at Yeung Sin, very friendly and helpful manager and bar lady at the rugby club in town).
Palins has little spare space and is wedged in tightly between other parks and bungalows. It is about ten minutes walk from the beach (unless I missed a shorter route). The beach is beautiful. And about five minutes drive inland brings you into open, unspoilt country.
So it is cheap but very cheerful. Great value. I will look back with great memories. Thankyou!

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank drbenmaxwell
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I have been coming here since I was a baby with my grandparents and when they passed away I came here with my fiancé, I have known the owners for a long time and the hard work that is put in is noticed.

The caravans are clean and staff extremely friendly, the only gripe I have and its a small one, the quality of the machines in the arcade are quite poor, plenty of fruit machines but in terms of video games there not up to much but this was back in 2009 so things might have changed, I must say the quality was better when the arcade was all inside they had some great machines.

The entertainment was great considering we were there when the kids were all in school, the prices are reasonable aswell.

We are coming back again and i always will, I have some great memories from my time as a child and it's great to keep adding to them as an adult

• Stayed: May 2010
palinsholidaypark, Manager at Palins North Wales Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2011

Thank you so much for the lovely review of Palins.

Reviewed December 11, 2010

In July 2010 we went for our 3rd school holiday in 3 years at Palins. The first year we had a silver caravan, standard of cleanliness was ok, the fire did not work however it was fixed couple of hours later. As it was just before the kids broke up from school nothing was hardly open! the shop opened for a couple of hours per day and trying to catch the chip shop open was a nightmare! The 'entertainment' was also very sparse, which i think is a little unfair to the people that have paid for it that week! We enjoyed ourselves and explored north wales and only slept in the caravan as the entertainment and pool and pub were not 'us' but thats just our personal taste!

2nd stay a year later we opted for a gold caravan to compare! Arrived promptly for the early checkin which was included in the 'gold service' to be told ''your caravans not ready you'll have to come back in an hour'' so we trotted off to the market which was thankfully on that day. We started to walk back and the heavens opened and we were all completely soaked, the lady receptionist laughed and smirked at our state, i really didnt see the funny side as it wouldnt have happened if our caravan was ready ON TIME. It is obviously not palins fault for the weather lol! and thankfully our caravan was now available. The caravan was lovely, very clean and spacious no problems this time. In our welcoming pack we noticed that at the magpie and stump they offered pizzas to take out, so after a long day we decided to take advantage of this! I went to the bar and asked how can i order some pizzas? i was told ''over there''....''over where?''......''at the kitchen'' (quite loudly and quite patronisingly!!) so i found the kitchen and said to a rather miserable and moody man ''can i order some pizzas please?''......''no we're closed'....''right ok so surely the bar staff should know this and have told me before coming to you and having to put up with your unhelpfulness and unprofessionalism?''.......''its not my fault is it love''. Cue me walking out unhappy, not because i couldnt order food, because of how badly id been treated as a paying customer!

Our 3rd and most recent stay in july 2010. Arrived and got our keys (eventually after waiting 15 mins queing) Got into our caravan (We plumped for a silver this year as we had to go in summer holidays so the prices were more than tripled!!!!!!!!) and noticed the poor state of cleanliness and how useless the cooker was! The toaster did not work at all and half of the lightbulbs in the entire unit were broken. When we popped into the office on our way out i spoke the a young gentlemen receptionist who said it would be sorted, he didnt know when but it would get done. When we returned we found a toaster in a bin bag on the steps and found that none of the lightbulbs had been replaced. I called the office and they assured me someone would be round to fix them but it never happened.

Entertainment was a little better this time around and the shop/chippy were open a lot longer. Even though the chipshop owner was rather rude and ignorant when i spoke to him. They even forgot things we'd ordered so id have to walk back and get them and they're reply was ''well they must have been good enough to come back for hahaha'' erm so not funny do your job and do it right!

However for the £440 we paid for the holiday we felt it was definately NOT worth it this time. It is a lot of money for a dirty broken caravan and very poor customer service. Which is a shame. 2011 could have been our 4th year in a row but we will go somewhere else where we feel we get value for money and the service we feel we paid for!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank xJXVX
howayoudoinbaby, Manager at Palins North Wales Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2010

I am truly sorry to hear that your 3rd stay at Palins was not an enjoyable one. I am especially disappointed over your comments in relation to the cleanliness of the unit. Equally I am disheartened that you were unhappy at the level of customer service you recieved. Palins is a family run buisness and the provision of exceptional service is very important to me. There have been many changes since your last visit, including the relaunch of the restaurant. An overhaul of the club entertainment has recently been completed in readiness for the 2011 season. I have also made changes to our cleaning procedures. We do try our upmost to book customers into their caravans on time but unfortunately there are occasions at peak times when this may not be possible - that being said I do understand your frustration at this. I would love for you to return and see the changes that have been implemented and have an enjoyable stay with us at Palins again. If you will consider returning please contact me personally so we can discuss the issues in more detail. I can be contacted on 01745 342672 or email enquiries@palinsholidaypark.co.uk asking for Louis Ellis. On a final note I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact me with your feedback, its really important to me that I get the opportunity to try and put matters right.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

i find palins a lovly place to go i have been going there for five years and it is the best the staff are all very good and will do anything to hlep see you all soon

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I stayed at Palins the first week in August with my 3 kids, and what a fantastic holiday we had. The first thing you can't help but notice is the friendliness of the staff. I should have checked in at 3.30, but they were running slightly late so got the keys at 3.45. When we got to the caravan we were very pleased at how nice and clean it was. We unpacked and went exploring. The shop was well stocked and the staff in there are nice. There is a fun pool, chippy, arcade, park, a pub with cafe (food is great and resonably priced) and the club which opens at night. We went to the club, great night had by all of of. We happily watched the group and had a game of bingo, while the kids were occupied in the soft play area (small but enjoyable) and a member of staff kept them entertained. They even have Cyril The Seahorse, the kids loved him. Our gas ran out one night, within a few minutes of the phone call being made, someone was there to change it. You can tell Palins pride themselves on the fact they are a family run park. Would recommend in an instant. Have already booked again for October for the halloween party - can't wait.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
palinsholidaypark, Manager at Palins North Wales Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2010

Thank you for your lovely review it is great to hear you had a fantastic time. I hope to see you again at Palins soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2010

just come back from a weekend at palins and had a fab time. They totally worked around me, i wanted to stay sat- mon night and they did, all other caravan parks only allowed me to do fri-mon so that was fantasic for me being a working mum during the summer hols!! Our caravan was spotless couldn't falt anything. Our gas ran out in the caravan and they where there straigh away to help. All staff where friendly and ready to help. Entertainment at night was fantastic for grown ups and especially children. There was a mini disco every night, magician,singers (good ones!!) and we can't forget cyril the sea horse!! My boys loved him!! The weather was good as well so we made use of the beach and the fun fair was only about 300yards away and was reasonably priced! We didnt go to the restraunt by we did have fish and chips at the one on the site and they where very nice. The park was kept clean and tidy and the swimming pool was clean and was warm too!! life guard there every time aswell. Well palins we cant wait to come back to your warm and friendly caravan park see you next year!!! Llinos

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
palinsholidaypark, Manager at Palins North Wales Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2010

Thank you so much for your review it is great to hear you had such an amazing time. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhyl
Pier Hotel Rhyl
#1 of 2 in Kinmel Bay
Oakfield Caravan Park
Oakfield Caravan Park
#2 of 2 in Kinmel Bay

Been to Palins North Wales Holiday Park? Share your experiences!