My husband and I stayed at the Royal Sportsman Hotel for my 40th birthday weekend at the end of January. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome and comfortable. We dined in the hotel restaurant on the first evening and were treated to an exceptional standard of food with a lovely atmosphere and very pleasant staff. The most enjoyable meal we have had in a long time. Due to a change of plans we ended up dining in the bar on our second evening and, once again, the standard of the food wasa exceptional. Great value for money and outstanding quality. The hotel and rooms were not particularly high quality, but they were spotlessly clean and had all the basic essentials in additional to the odd nice touch (good quality toileteries in the bathroom etc). The hotel is clearly an old building that has recently been refurbished to a decent standard. It is not a 5*, but then that is reflected very much in the price. Onsite car parking was secure, free and sufficient at the time of year we went, but I can imagine it would be more scarce in the summer period. The lovely staff couldn't do enough for us even when we had to leave very early in the morning on our day of departure, the chef cooked us up some fresh croissants and packed them for us to take on our journey. I really couldn't recommend the hotel enough if you are looking for a value for money break in a very beautiful part of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very comfortable, 'home from home,' independently run, full-service quality hotel, the only hotel in Porthmadog. It has been awarded 3* by the AA and Visit Wales, 2 AA Rosette for its food and included in the Good Food Guide, using the best of local Welsh suppliers. Children are welcome and particularly pets in our courtyard rooms. Ground Floor rooms also available for those with walking difficulties. Private covered parking, cycle lock up, drying room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Sportsman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Sportsman
- Royal Sportsman Porthmadog
- Royal Sportsman Hotel Porthmadog, Wales