Stayed here for two nights with extended family. Altogether we had five rooms (all in the courtyard). At the age of 54 I am fortunate to have stayed in hotels and b&bs on numerous occasions (work and pleasure), all over the world. For service, this was second to none from reception staff to catering staff to cleaning staff - all friendly, helpful, courteous and efficient. The meals (including dinner) were superb. The bedrooms were spacious, clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. My opinions are shared by all family members that stayed. Ok, it's a bit dated in parts (woodchip in bar) but if you can see past this then you should have a great stay. Besides I'm sure this aspect was reflected in the price as the rates were excellent value for money. Overall, I cannot praise this hotel enough, nor recommend it enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very comfortable, 'home from home,' independently run, full-service quality hotel, the only hotel in Porthmadog. It has been awarded 3* by the AA and Visit Wales, 2 AA Rosette for its food and included in the Good Food Guide, using the best of local Welsh suppliers. Children are welcome and particularly pets in our courtyard rooms. Ground Floor rooms also available for those with walking difficulties. Private covered parking, cycle lock up, drying room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Sportsman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Sportsman
- Royal Sportsman Porthmadog
- Royal Sportsman Hotel Porthmadog, Wales