Stayed in a larger family room which was both comfortable and spacious. New bed, pillows, duvet, carpet and bathroom; exceptionally clean throughout
Staff all very friendly and welcoming and many nice new touches since my last visit.
Breakfast was excellent and dinner on one night included local Welsh Lamb and Belly Pork which was exceptional in presentation and taste. For the quality, I thought the prices were cheap!
A highly recommended hotel for those that appreciate good food and service but not for cheapskates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very comfortable, 'home from home,' independently run, full-service quality hotel, the only hotel in Porthmadog. It has been awarded 3* by the AA and Visit Wales, 2 AA Rosette for its food and included in the Good Food Guide, using the best of local Welsh suppliers. Children are welcome and particularly pets in our courtyard rooms. Ground Floor rooms also available for those with walking difficulties. Private covered parking, cycle lock up, drying room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Royal Sportsman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Sportsman
- Royal Sportsman Porthmadog
- Royal Sportsman Hotel Porthmadog, Wales