rooms were clean and fairly good size
dining arrangements were weird, as we went into the large dinner area where there was only one other couple eating, only to be told to go back out into lounge area as we had to wait to be seated.
we then chose from the menu only to be told we had to eat in the lounge because we had chosen from the pub menu. even though there was about 15 empty tables in the dining area
The restaurant prices were expensive for the area but the food was quite good but not worth the price.
The town is not quaint or pretty but just what i can only describe as a run down poor high street in a very working class area.
If you take your dog then its great until your dog needs a run about somewhere. you will find that the town is concrete and tarmac and no greenery.
Port Meirion is absolutely diabolicle and the best bit is the beach when the tides out which most people make there way to. as port meirion is run down and tatty and as most people go there because of 'The Prisoner' but you wont find hardly anything to do with the cult TV program which is a shame cos I certainly am not interested in the overpriced pottery or the [-] fact that the architect designed the place to show that an area of beauty could be developed without taking away the natural beauty of a place.
All in all if you never go there you wont miss a thing out of your life.
I most definitely will not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very comfortable, 'home from home,' independently run, full-service quality hotel, the only hotel in Porthmadog. It has been awarded 3* by the AA and Visit Wales, 2 AA Rosette for its food and included in the Good Food Guide, using the best of local Welsh suppliers. Children are welcome and particularly pets in our courtyard rooms. Ground Floor rooms also available for those with walking difficulties. Private covered parking, cycle lock up, drying room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Royal Sportsman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Sportsman
- Royal Sportsman Porthmadog
- Royal Sportsman Hotel Porthmadog, Wales