“Very nice... Could spend all day here”
Review of The Big Rock Cafe

The Big Rock Cafe
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Porthmadog
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited in Jan 2013 whilst in the area and absolutely loved this cafe. The service was great, there was ample and comfortable seating and the food and drink were very tasty.
I don't agree with the previous review which slates the religous signs - when we were there we didn't see / notice any at all. Really enjoyed it - excellent tea stop!

1  Thank avidtravelleruk98

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Delicious food at excellent prices, and gorgeous bread to buy and take away. I had the quesedilla which was packed with tast tasty filling.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Can't say enough about this place! on a wet december afternoon in porthmadog we struggled to find anywhere open for lunch until we came across the Big Rock on the high street. Fantastic freshly made food with lots of veggie options, cooked breakfasts, wraps, home made soup and bread etc. Great coffee, excellent choices for the children. Lots of places to sit, it's bigger than it looks. child friendly with some toys and books, changing table in ladies' toilet. Food took a while but i guess it's all freshly made and they were busy. Fantastic cakes and a lovely atmosphere. I think it's a Christian cafe but don't be put off if religion isn't your thing. It's just a great place with a nice warm atmosphere and good food. We will definitely be back! Came to £15 for a family of four, lunch and 4 drinks which seemed veyr reasonable to me.

1  Thank greenefingers
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Slow motion movement of mind body drinking and eating. Definitely not fast food. Only for the most chilled out Please do not enter if you have a get up and go attitude otherwise you will get up and go. No hurry to leave

1  Thank Steve O
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My hubby and I went here for lunch without knowing anything about the place. It had a very chilled out feel, which appealed to us. The menu was reasonably priced with a great selection of hot drinks. My hubby had a lovely fresh breakfast roll which he really enjoyed. Good quality sausage and bacon and a perfectly runny egg all served in a super fresh roll. Hand cut crisps and a side salad was included. I had the soup of the day which was leek and potato with the freshest roll I've ever had. I would recommend this place to people looking for basic food served well for a reasonable price.

1  Thank tracyabs