“Resting Place”

Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Porthmadog
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Three hours to kill in Porthmadog and no energy to walk any longer...go where the locals go to eat I've been told so I did just that. A lovely comfy chair by the window to watch the passers' by; I ordered an ice-cream soda and a ham sandwich...what a sandwich!!! The best bread I had eaten in years baked on the premises; would never have considered making a sandwich like I had; what would one call it 'a doorstop' I think was an old term. Delicious could have eaten another; how could I linger longer? Next order a cherry and apple scone; not your everyday round one but a huge wedge with jam and cream...yum, yum...to kill more time I ended my time there with a latte. A great meal for very little cost....keep thinking about the jammie doughnuts and the chocolate cake. Revitalized I made my way back to meet the coach.

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Yes excellent service ,roedd yr bwyd yn flasus iawn,y caffi gorau ym MOrthmadog yn ym marn I, Salas cywiar caeser tiers hin grey! Roedd yr plant yn hapus uno.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Nicely made coffee but it needed the extra shot I requested. The home-made breads look delicious and the scone (different varieties most days) was excellent - check out the biscotti.
As other reviewers have mentioned the service is not fast, but hey, you're on holiday.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Yes, it takes time to place your order at busy times. Yes it's annoying that you have to order at the till rather than at the table. Yes, the seating is a little cramped. And yes, some of the younger members of staff would benefit from a brush-up in their customer service skills, but hey, it's a ​cafe not a restaurant and it delivers what it promises - good quality, inexpensive food in friendly surroundings.
My friends and I had a good lunch - the Chicken Ceasar Salad in particular was excellent - and all the food being prepared (and they prepare it behind the counter in full sight so you can see what's happening) looked to be of the highest quality. The home made bread for sale also looked so good that we bought some olive bread for later!
There are aspects that can be improved but this is a very good place to eat and well worth visiting - we will certainly be doing so again.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Well I would like to be able to leave a good review, but I cannot. I stood there while another customer was paying his bill, being served by two members of staff for some reason. Then did not even acknowledge that I was there, no eye contact and they both walked off and neither of them came back. I stood there for another couple of minutes and then thought "sod it" and walked out.

4  Thank Bubblegtt