“Better Than Expected”

Highland Titles Nature Reserve
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Duror
More attraction details
Owner description: This Nature Reserve is developed and managed by Highland Titles on the east bank of Loch Linnhe, between Salachan and Duror Glens. It provides a unique retreat for everyone, whether you simply want to soak up the peaceful atmosphere of a true wilderness amidst stunning scenery, walk the dogs or witness first-hand the Highland Titles ecological restoration programme with their flagship 60 acre Diamond Jubilee Wood. All this is funded by the sale of souvenir plots of land to people who love Scotland, and want to help restore native hardwood trees in the Highlands. Simple improvements are ongoing, including walking trails, benches along the way for quiet enjoyment of the surroundings, and signage explaining the natural habitat. If requested in advance we will try to arrange for a local guide to help you find your plot, and if required, to get around the Reserve. Our vehicle is not always available and we cannot guarantee that a driver will be able to take you. Refreshments and lodging are available in a number of nearby communities.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband got me my "title" as a bit of a joke present for Christmas and as we were in Scotland for New Year we decided to make a trip over to see what was there. We finally found Highlands Titles Glencoe Wood as the signage outside is quite poor. We had no appointment and it was on a damp 30 December but Stewart ( the steward of the site) came over made us feel very welcome, located my "land" and showed us to it. After a photo session he could have left it there but he gave us an informative tour of their new and existing Lochan and explained about all the wonderful work they are doing there with various wildlife organisations. Also all planting and creating areas to encourage different diverse species to the sanctuary. We left feeling very glad that my Christmas present will go towards this worthwhile venture.

2  Thank Jane C
Highland_Titles, Guest Relations Manager at Highland Titles Nature Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Lovely to hear from you guys again, and thanks for taking the time to review your visit!
It's really nice to know we are getting things right, and also very helpful for others thinking about visiting.
Our lovely natural wood Entrance Sign has arrived, and if the rain stops sometime it will be cemented in soon :)
Glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back next time.

All reviews
"highlight of our trip"
"his knowledge"
"christmas gift"

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Great place and great idea--conserving the natural area. Loved the walk and Stewart Borland was great hiking around with us showing us our little piece of Scotland. Can't wait to go back!!!

4  Thank EDanella
Highland_Titles, Public Relations Manager at Highland Titles Nature Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Hello again, lovely to hear from you.
Many thanks for the kind comments and we're delighted you enjoyed both your visit and the Reserve.
Maybe meet up again soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Brought me husband here to surprise him for his birthday! Just a magical place! Special to see your own land, and then we were even shown the best spot to have a picnic. Highly recommended! Great way to preserve our natural world.

4  Thank Beth N
Highland_Titles, Public Relations Manager at Highland Titles Nature Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Awesome is a nice description :)
Thanks for taking time out to review your visit and we're really glad you enjoyed it.
As plots sell a little bit of magic happens around the Reserve and things just get better and better.
Thanks, and maybe catch you next time you pop in :)

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We arrived a bit too early for our appointment with Stewart and walked around on our own a bit.
Great innitiative. Thanks a lot for taking us on a walk of the estate. Thanks for all the explanations. Hope to be back soon with other owners...

6  Thank Deufrabel
Highland_Titles, Public Relations Manager at Highland Titles Nature Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review your visit and we're really glad you enjoyed the experience. Nothing beats actually seeing round the reserve and finding your own plot!
There is a Gathering of Lords & Ladies planned for next year... have a look on the website for details :)

See more reviews
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I'm from Australia and yesterday met with John and Stewart the wonderful guides to find my family's plots. What a wonderful experience, they were very knowledgeable of the area, of the plants and animals, and took me down to see the most wonderful hidden waterfall, and helped me find my plots. It is not just about owning the land and being able to use the "titles". It is really all about the conservation of the woods enabling native trees to be re-planted and I believe several lochs have been planned to encourage bird life. John has placed several benches along the way and a picnic bench for the land owners to enjoy the scenery. There were several flags in the ground staking their claims! A lot of Australian and Canadian flags. What a good idea for anyone wanting to own a little piece of their Scottish heritage. I will certainly be back to camp on my plot. Thank you John and Stewart for a wonderful day.

4  Thank Maxine P

Many thanks for the kind comments. Every time I walk round with the Ranger I learn just as much as the visitors!
Really glad you enjoyed the Woodland Walk, and I hope you are following us on Facebook, there's been some nice nature SpyCam shots on there recently.
Hope we'll have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.