The Moorings
Anchor Hotel(Tarbert)
$209
Stonefield Castle Hotel(Tarbert)(Great Value!)
$182
Colintraive Hotel(Colintraive)
The Argyll Inn(Lochgilphead)
$76
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bbearded colliesknick knacksfriendly dogsfresh berrieswouldn't stay anywhere elsethe perfect hostcomfortable bedwarm welcomefantastic breakfastappointed roomsfull scottishfamily roomfirst classcooked breakfastshort strollscottish breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2013

what a beautiful home you have Andrew! the rooms are very luxurious, the breakfast amazing all topped off with a fabulous host. stayed one night on our way to Islay, hotels were all booked and we are so glad they were. 2 min walk to town and a gorgeous view. bed was so comfortable I miss it already.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Waihuka M
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My mum and dad and I stayed here last night on our way to Islay first thing in the morning. From the moment we parked the car Andrew was in the garden asking if we needed any help with bags! The garden is full of ceramic creature and wind chimes which give the place a magical feel! Both bedrooms were immaculate, the facilities good and the beds the most comfortable I have ever slept in! We didn't get to stay for breakfast as the ferry was leaving at 7am and so we had to be up early but I'm sure we will return to try the famous fruit bowl!

From one cleaning enthusiast to another thank you very much!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were greeted by hooting owls, herons, frogs and the other ceramic creatures populating the garden of this charming cottage as we made our way to the door. We received an even warmer welcome from our host Andrew and his dogs, who instantly made us feel at home. The interior is just as packed with curiosities, from bejewelled globes to carved wooden birds, as the garden. Our room was spotlessly clean and offered a delightful view over the picturesque harbour. It had a large shower, TV and everything else you could want. The highlight of our stay was the amazing breakfast, which included haggis on one morning and set us up perfectly for the day.

The village itself has some lovely restaurants and art shops. It looked like a great base for exploring by foot, though, being there for a wedding, we didn't make it much further than the castle at the top of the hill (once, briefly home to Robert the Bruce, but now in ruins, having been ransacked to build the village). On our travels by car, we did spot seals, a stag and an otter, so I imagine it would be a great place for some nature-spotting. We would highly recommend both The Moorings and Tarbert for a stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HounslowBob
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was another return trip to stay at the Moorings. Although early in the year Andrew was a welcoming as ever. Room 1 is by far the best bed I have ever slept in at a B&B. Wi Fi arrived whilst we were there and this is a definite improvement. Excellent breakfast with finest sausages far better than any hotel we have stayed in. Tarbert was a beautiful as ever and a lovely meal at the Anchor Hotel made the visit even more special.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helenann62
Reviewed November 11, 2012

It was dark when I arrived and as I walked up the path I saw so many photo opportunities for the morning, I wasn't disappointed. I was warmly greeted by Andrew who showed me up to a very warm clean room. I woke in the morning with a view of the castle and then went down for a fabulous breakfast rhen took my photo.s. Andrew was a great host and I would willingly visit again.

ps when I was looking for somewhere to stay in Tarbert I looked at the Starfish holiday lettings site an it looks as though someone has been causing mischief because when I clicked on the picture of The Moorings it directed me to a totally different site so beware as this could be a dangerous site to visit.

Room Tip: Over the loch at the front or up to the castle at the back both good
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo