“Great Place to go”

Cuisines: Scottish
Tarbert Argyllshire scotland
“Great Place to go”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

An excellent place for food, atmosphere and views of the harbour. I'd rather go here than a generic, 'posh' cafe where the young female staff barely look at you, never mind talk to you. Great food, locally sourced. A warm welcome, no matter how busy the place is. The proprietor is very entertaining and rather eccentric, so avoid if you're missing the sense of humour gene or are boring.

• Visited June 2014

“Good food, good service”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

On our way to the Arran ferry we stopped in Tarbert looking for a bakery and found Fletchers.

A young girl on her own dealing with two tables of people and the counter, but she was very friendly and courteous. We bought 4 filled rolls and cakes to take away and they were very tasty. Will be back next time we're in the area. Well worth a visit.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Insulted by owner so walked out”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Just wanted a 'hot salmon sandwich' advertised outside, but when I went in the 'owner' was chatting to some women (tourists) and then announced looking at me "Is there any one here I can serve which won't take long?" I said "I don't know" (how could I know how long it would take?) to which he replied to all there "See what I mean?" at which they all had a good laugh (at my expense). Took my custom elsewhere. Life's too short to be dealing with rude people. Go elsewhere in town is my advice and don't let these local 'characters' get away with it.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Navy8tor
United Kingdom
“Great Coffee”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Dropped in here for a coffee while between meetings. The guy serving was great and even provided a couple of songs while I waited. Really good lattie properly made and treated myself to a smoked cheese roll that was very tasty and £4 in total for both. Just had a takeaway but there are tables if you fancy sitting and watching the world go by.

Visited March 2014