“Stranded but very well looked after!”
Review of The Tarbert Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tarbert
The Tarbert Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tarbert
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

After travelling since 5am from Devon to Islay then finding the ferries were cancelled due to bad weather, I found this lovely little place...I walked in wet,cold and a bit upset but the staff here welcomed me and got me a room for the night with no problems.
I enjoyed a lovely steak pie in their dining room and the staff were friendly and attentive, making sure my food was ok and if I was alright for drinks.
The room was nice, very clean and tidy with everything i needed for the night including a bath...much appreciated after the day i'd had!
The breakfast was lovely and once again the staff helpful and cheerful...
All in all a great place to stay...thank you to everyone at the hotel for helping me out and providing me with a warm and friendly place to stop.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank samseahorse

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were a group of 12 friends and family from England visiting for my wife's 40th birthday celebration weekend. from the very first e-mail contact, the hotel we very accommodating. We were welcomed on arrival after an 8 and a half minibus journey and shown to our rooms. These were all clean am entirely unique. Much more preferable to the bland identical rooms in hotel chains. The single rooms are small but have a charm of their own. A big thanks to Gareth who arranged to open the back bar early for us to have lunch and watch the rugby. The other barstaff were equally friendly and helpful, offering local tips. They also honoured the apparent hotel tradition of a free drink and a shot for the birthday girl! I found our room clean and comfortable and would recommend for anyone visiting the area to stay here. If I fall out with the mother in law, I might be back sooner rather than later!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just stayed one night, But could not fault hotel. Rooms basic but clean. Food off good quality and plenty on the plate.. would stay there again... Would be a good place to stop if you are working in tarbert or areas close by.....

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Had a bar meal with friends in a spacious spotless dining room. from entering the hotel the staff were so pleasant. Lynne and gareth have certainly got the personality and manners for working with the public. Plenty to choose from on the very reasonably priced menu. the food was absolutely delicious and huge portions. My friend had eaten here before and asked for half portion.It was still huge.Our waiter and barman david could not do enough for us. Another member of staff who is a credit to the tarbert hotel. I dont usually give full marks but well done Mr and Mrs Craig 100 percent. Your staff are a credit to you. I will certainly be recomending this hotel to anyone who is passing through Tarbert .Thank you for a most enjoyable time./

Room Tip: didnt stay but will if passing through again. Everything excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at the Tarbert Hotel on the way to Islay so it was very convenient. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Refurbishment is obviously taking place and where completed it is very nice. The breakfast was very good and the dining room spacious and nice decor.
We had a great night in the bar, singing along with "Just Colin". Only down side was our room was obviously over what must have been a party in a function area as the rather loud disco didn't finish until well after 1am. It was however Sat night.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The outside run down appearance of this hotel is quite off putting, internally it is a bit tired however there is refurbishment taking place. Our stay was comfortable, staff were friendly( even checked to see if the Islay ferry was still running) Breakfast was excellent and it was definitely value for money. No meals are served on a Sunday evening but there was a good cafe nearby with a varied menu. We would use this hotel again and would like to find a hairdryer available in the room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2012

After a long day working, I arrived at the dated Tarbert Hotel. Condition not looking anything like the website picture, could do with a paint, repair gutters, general maintenance.

Getting my key.. my room was down graded to a single from a twin, still paying twin prices, and not told where my room could be found.

The room... After finding the mouldy box i would be spending the night in, the shower was at the end of my bed, broken towel rail, freezing cold low pressure water, dry rot on the ceiling, brown ( what use to be white) radiator. Every single movement in the hotel was heard in my room, every floorboard, door opening, door locking, footstep, very noisy.

Food... Food was actually okay here, friendly waiters, good service, hot food.

Would i stay here again?... After eventually getting 3 hours sleep and I think i am still ill from the dry rot, no

Room Tip: Dont get a single room, small is an understatement. Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ally320
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarbert
Anchor Hotel
#2 of 14 in Tarbert
The Moorings
The Moorings
#1 of 14 in Tarbert

Been to The Tarbert Hotel? Share your experiences!