The hotel is situated in a beautiful setting and really does have spectacular views however, the hotel itself is pretty average. The room we stayed in was decent enough but did not quite live up to the "luxury" experience that the tariff of the room would have suggested. We stayed on the room, dinner and breakfast tariff and were quite disappointed with the food. The dinner was OK but the breakfast was the worst that I have had in a hotel in a long time- we even found an earwig on a plate under the napkin. The view from the restaurant nonetheless was stunning. An OK place to stay but not quite up to the standards of other "luxury" hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stonefield Castle Hotel is an outstanding example of Scottish baronial architecture. Built in 1837, the Castle stands high on the famous Kintyre peninsula, commanding spectacular panoramic views over Loch Fyne. In keeping with its unique location and character, many of the original period furnishings have been retained to complement the timeless ambience that is Stonefield Castle. Guests can relax in the traditional elegance of wood panelled lounges with fine corniced ceilings, unwind on leisurely walks through the sixty acres of woodland grounds, or simply enjoy a leisurely pace of life far removed from the stress of city living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Stonefield Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Castle Tarbert
- Hotel Stonefield Castle
- Stonefield Castle Hotel Tarbert, Scotland