The hotel is located in a beautiful part of the world with great fees over loch fine and not far from the start of the knityre way. Like a few other reviewers have stated some rooms are indeed of a make over. We stayed in room 33 and, although adequate for us, was on the small size. The TV did not work too well and adjacent guests conversations could be heard. Overall the room was clean and quite comfy.
The restaurant was a bit of a let down especially as my wife did note enjoy her meal - the starter was poor and the main course was overcooked ( the waitress did ask if everything was ok and when we said no she carried on as if nothing was wrong - so it did spoil our stay a bit).
Overall we would return though we would advise you look out for deals as the full price is a bit steep for what you get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stonefield Castle Hotel is an outstanding example of Scottish baronial architecture. Built in 1837, the Castle stands high on the famous Kintyre peninsula, commanding spectacular panoramic views over Loch Fyne. In keeping with its unique location and character, many of the original period furnishings have been retained to complement the timeless ambience that is Stonefield Castle. Guests can relax in the traditional elegance of wood panelled lounges with fine corniced ceilings, unwind on leisurely walks through the sixty acres of woodland grounds, or simply enjoy a leisurely pace of life far removed from the stress of city living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Stonefield Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Castle Tarbert
- Hotel Stonefield Castle
- Stonefield Castle Hotel Tarbert, Scotland