Stonefield Castle Hotel
Struan House(Tarbert)
$107
Dunivaig B&B(Tarbert)
$107
Muasdale Holiday Park(Tarbert)(Great Value!)
$27
The Moorings(Tarbert)
  • Breakfast included
Anchor Hotel(Tarbert)
1,116 results
All reviewsdrawing roomloch fynedining roomstunning locationpublic roomsloch viewfudgethe general managersnooker tablefour poster bedlovely groundscommon areaseggs benedictamazing viewsold buildingfine diningopen fire
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were visiting friends in Ardrishaig and they suggested Stonefield Castle Hotel as a good venue for lunch on Thursday, 27th June, 2013. The food was grossly overpriced, my Caesar Salad consisted only of shredded lettuce and croutons, fortunately I had asked for the chicken version which made it slightly better. However, it would appear that the chef has little idea what this salad should consist of. We were also accompanied throughout our meal by a large dog, Fudge by name, which appeared to belong to the hotel. Not a good experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rmingram
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed at Stonfeild caste with my 3 little children. We had a fantastic time. The staff were helpful and courteous and nothing was too much trouble. It has a lovely homey feel to the place. Like some have said the en suits in some of the rooms are dated but we had a great shower and it was very clean. The tv reception is poor but apparently down to the area. We had breakfast in the restaurant and the food service and views could not be faulted... We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was a bit blown away by the booking made by my wife for us. With lochside setting, fine dining, excellent malt selection, I was just pleased to be there. Had my first taste of haggis here and I am afraid to say I am hooked.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Having come across Stonefield previously when investigating unique hotels in Scotland I was delighted to have randomly come across the hotel when on a visit to nearby Portavadie last week. I stopped in for lunch and had a lovely bowl of golden split pea soup and a ham sandwich. Sat in a lovely room which overlooked the gardens. There is a very cute dog called Fudge who potters around with the manager, doesn't cause any trouble at all and is very friendly, as is the manager. Had a lovely afternoon and will definitely go back if in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a genuine Castle overlooking Loch Fyne. Whilst certain parts require refurbishing the overall ambience is very good. The restaurant, which has picture windows overlooking the loch, serves very good food. The staff are very pleasant and most helpful. There are walks to both the loch and an old bridge, but down quite a steep pathway. The rhododendrons in the grounds are wonderful in the spring. My only complaint is that whilst I was travelling with a coach party, and even though I occupied a single room I was charged a single supplement of £8.00 per night. Even so I would use this hotel again

Room Tip: All rooms are in a quiet location as the hotel is in its own grounds
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends