Our granddaughter and her husband had a magical fairytale wedding at Stonefield Castle. The weather, the food, the setting, the rooms, the staff and the service were all more than we could ever have expected.
It was just perfect and we enjoyed every minute.
As with any wedding there are always last minute glitches but Oxford Hotels and the staff at Stonefield managed to smooth them all away and catered for all of our requests. The food in praticular was memorable - the best seafood chowder ever!
The wedding took place outside with all the chairs with their fluttering seat covers shimmering in the highland sunshine with the blue loch beyond.
Just what we anted and even more. Thanks to all the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stonefield Castle Hotel is an outstanding example of Scottish baronial architecture. Built in 1837, the Castle stands high on the famous Kintyre peninsula, commanding spectacular panoramic views over Loch Fyne. In keeping with its unique location and character, many of the original period furnishings have been retained to complement the timeless ambience that is Stonefield Castle. Guests can relax in the traditional elegance of wood panelled lounges with fine corniced ceilings, unwind on leisurely walks through the sixty acres of woodland grounds, or simply enjoy a leisurely pace of life far removed from the stress of city living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Stonefield Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Castle Tarbert
- Hotel Stonefield Castle
- Stonefield Castle Hotel Tarbert, Scotland