“Great experience”

Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Visited here on a lovely sunny Thursday afternoon loved the seafood tapas washed down with a nice wine staff very friendly would most definetly go back.

1  Thank Sweb95
There are newer reviews for Cafe Barge

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My partner and I were staying in Tarbert for a wedding and were recommended to try this restaurant.

We arrived without a booking but were quickly given a table. The interior is very interesting and it has a lovely, relaxed feel while still being classy. The menu is a mix between seafood and south american cuisine. There is a large specials board with a selection of freshly caught seafood. There are some unusual and interesting seafood dishes such as a giant whelk along with crab, razor clams, scallops and a range of fish. There is also a large selection of south american tapas style dishes.

The house red was very good and complimented to the meal well. The food arrived promptly and the staff were knowledgable and happy to give recommendation on dishes.

The food is excellent value for fresh, well prepared seafood and the non-fish tapas dishes were also very tasty.

Really, really enjoyed the whole experience and trying to find a reason to return to Tarbert so I can go here again!

2  Thank Scotlt
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Almost walked passed this place, but decided it was an unusual venue so popped in. So glad that we did. The barge is certainly unusual and the food was excellent. My wife, two kids and I chose a range from the tapas menu and we weren't disappointed. Lovely seafood, great flavours and nice friendly service. My daughter said she would like to live and eat her lunch here every day!

1  Thank DominicMurphy
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My son and I had a great meal here during our 1 night stopover in Talbert at the beginning of our tour of the Scottish highlands and islands.
We had Tapas and chose a number of the specials and recommendations- including cracked crabs claws (beautiful) and octopus (again really good).
My son is vegetarian and his choices were somewhat limited but he still enjoyed the food he had which was all of a good quality.
The atmosphere on the barge was really friendly, relaxed and accepting- we would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for good fresh food in a relaxed and informal atmosphere!

1  Thank pogleswood186338
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had an excellent dinner here, in an unusual setting. We found the tapas style food excellent with a great choice of local beers to try along with the food.
Recommended.