“Fantastic place”

Falcon's Nest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Erin
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Stayed in t apartments owned by the hotel. Absolutley fantastic, very high standard, very clean had all equipment needed for a weeks stay.
Nice touch that tea towels and bin bags were availalbe.
Tea and coffee also provided for first few days.
Towels changed as required by just leaving them outside the door.
Fantastic location beautiful sunsets.
Had a meal in the hotel restaraunt this was very good also. Best sirloin steak I have had in years.
5 stars will definitely be going back.
Disturbed slightly in the mornings by the steam trains firing up, but they look and smell great!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Falcon's Nest Hotel

Reviewed August 26, 2010

I stayed at the Falcon's Nest for 2 nights, a Friday and Saturday. The noise from the club below my window until 2am was utterly unbearable, as was the constant din from the hotel bar. I was in room 6, which appeared to bear the worst of the noise from both the club and the bar, it being closest to reception and directly above the club entrance. I guess it depends on your state of mind when you arrive, your expectations and your priorities. I was really knackered from a stressful week at work. The last thing I wanted - and expected - was to be kept awake until 2am like that.
I hate to be so negative but I think people need to be prepared. I'm a young person in my twenties, and even I couldn't tolerate this aspect of the stay.
To be fair, when I missed breakfast the next morning (having eventually slept through my alarm) the kitchen did bring a breakfast to my room. This was appreciated. And I was given the option of a quieter room at a completely different part of the hotel, but to be honest the new room was pretty nasty and by that stage I just wanted to stay somewhere else. I spent my third night at the Sefton Express right by the airport. Absolute bliss. I'd swap a proper night's sleep for a beach on the doorstep any day. But that's just me...
I'm sure the business the hotel gets from all those Friday/Saturday night revellers plays a big part in keeping the place open. But it's just too much of a compromise for me.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank snazzyc
anon030, General Manager at Falcon's Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2010

The hotel does not have a club but the room was situated over a bar with a jukebox. The jukebox is switched off at 11pm weekdays and midnight on Friday and Saturday night. The room had a side sea view and is very large and whilst the alternative room offered was smaller it most certainly was not "pretty nasty". Having offered an alternative room which was declined we tried our best to accommodate the guest and I strongly feel the review was unfair.

Reviewed August 20, 2010

Try the Falcon's Nest at Port Erin, Isle of Man, if you like a view of the beach and harbour, falling asleep to the sounds of the waves and want to wake up to BOTH white and black pudding! Being picky, I asked for special milk and rye bread. Even the bread was the best I have tatsed. The bacon was full of flavour, the mushrooms tasty and that was just breakfast. Eat a sumptuous dinner (the marlin was amazing) whilst looking over a picture-post-card view and immerse yourself in a real family-run hotel.
Loads to do in the area with the port itself, the Manx Steam Railway just over the road (buy a £15 day ticket for value to cover all the Manx railways and buses) and the peaceful Cregneash village of Manx life on the way to the stunning Calf of Man.
Go - you owe it to yourself.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Just returned after a three night break to the Isle of Man. We stayed at the Falcon's Nest Hotel which is on the promenade at Port Erin. It's a quiet, old fashioned sort of little resort with a sandy beach, a few shops, pubs and bars. The hotel itself was great. Its a little 'worn' around the edges here and there but the room was spotlessly clean, very comfy bed and lovely big bathroom. The staff were great and really friendly. The real treat was the restaurant with its stunning view of the bay (sunsets over the headland) and the fabulous food. It was also nice to try out the local beers - they had an excellent selection. Well worth the half hour or so on the bus from the Airport.
The hotel has two public bars and one of them was a little noisy on a Friday and Saturday nights - so one to bear in mind if you're a very light sleeper - but we found it no problem at all!! We didn't take a car and found it easy and very relaxing to use the great public transport system - including the steam train to Douglas which is a two minute walk from the hotel door.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Spent my fourth night on the Isle of Man in this hotel. Friendly staff, large room with large refurbished en-suite bathroom. My room overlooked the main road but it was quiet at night. Decent buffet breakfast. Unfortunate breakdown to boiler controller meant no hot water in the morning but I am sure this was a one-off event. I recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed for a week in room three which was comfortable and clean having been recently decorated. The bedroom had a superb view of the bay. The bathroom was disappointing and a bit "tired". It would benefit from a really good clean with all tiles, bath surrounds and similar having new grout and sealant applied. The breakfast was first class and the on site conservatory really enhanced the evening meal looking out over the bay. The food was generally good and with a fairly wide and diverse choice. There is no lift in the hotel which could present a problem for the less able or elderly. There was ample parking in the hotel's private car park. Overall, a worthwhile and enjoyable experience in one of the nicest parts of the island.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DaveBall
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I have visited Port Erin many times but the first visit ti the Falcon's Nest. I was pleasantly surprised. I had a single room, not the most exciting view but overlooking the hotel car park. As a single room it was more roomy than I expected and tastefully furnished with plenty of draw and hanging space.
The help yourself breakfast was good and the staff pleasant and helpful.
being so close to the beach and shops was another bonus.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
The Welbeck Hotel
The Welbeck Hotel
#1 of 15 in Douglas
Best Western Palace Hotel & Casino

Been to Falcon's Nest Hotel? Share your experiences!