“Great hotel & staff - definitely be back”

Falcon's Nest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Erin
Reviewed August 23, 2011

SO pleased we decided not to stay in the flashier hotels of Douglas but head instead to beautiful Port Erin and discovered this little charm of a hotel. The room was extremely reasonable for the size (good sized bedroom with separate dressing room and nice big clean bathroom), right on the clifftops with beautiful views of Bradda Head and the coastline, and the staff were exceptional. Also very child friendly. If you're lucky to be heading to Mann, we highly recommend staying here. We are already booking for next year!

Room Tip: Request a view!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Titania4

Reviewed July 31, 2011

The best hotel in Port Erin,Nice rooms Good choice of food,and a good selection of guest beers. sit in the restaraunt and watch a fantastic sunset,not to be missed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank franktheshoe
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Did not stay at the Hotel, just had dinner one evening. We will not be returning!
Unbearably hot in the conservatory at 1930hrs, even with the windows open.
The food for the four of us came to £85. On the whole it could be described at best, as average and was most certainly overpriced. I suggest £60 would have been a reasonable cost. Only my wife who had the Queenies starter and the Haddock main said she enjoyed her meal.
We ate out the folllowing day and had a much better Sunday lunch meal at the Cherry Orchard for around £65

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank brassonlad
anon030, General Manager at Falcon's Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

We apologise that we had a problem with our air conditioning unit which is now fully working. Unfortunately, fresh produce, especially fresh fish is quite expensive to purchase and for this reason I think a two course meal with drinks for four guests for approx £85 reasonable. We offer our 3 course carvery (5 roast Manx meats, large selection of potatoes and seasonal vegetables and delicious homemade Yorkshire pud for just £15.95 pp (one or two course options also available) served in either our restaurant or Victorian dining room.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed for one night, was given a double room instead of my booked single room, but found out late in the evening that due to very low water pressure in the pubbling leading to my room, it wasn't possible to operate the shower. After travelling all day, it was one of the things you looked forward to. Talking to the people in reception the following morning didn't bring any satisfaction, one man saying "what do you expect, its the age of the building" and "well, you've been upgraded to a more expensive room". I should have been given the option, and told it was a non-shower room. Breakfast was OK, but had been cooked in one mass effort, and after 30 mins much of the hot cooked items had either gone hard or were no longer hot. Staggered cooking in smaller batches would have been better.

Room Tip: Try not to get room over bar entrance, midnight revellers come and go. Also, make sure you have a ro...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Rinkydink22
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed the first of our three night break in Douglas and took a ride around the island which has a very laid back relaxed atmosphere far removed from TT period. Although I was here for a week during the TT fortnight the wife had never been, so it was a nice surprise for her with an almost "step back in time" feeling including steam trains, old electric trams and even horse driven trams on the front in Douglas. We had initially booked the third night in the Falcons Nest, but as my wife loved the location we booked two nights, first night with un prompted assistance carrying our luggage was room 1 boasting a very comfortable four poster bed and huge bathroom with large bath and separate shower. The second night we had room 3 as room 1 was unavailable, this has a more basic en suite but was again clean and comfortable, both had a lovely sea view. The hotel is rated as two star and makes no pretensions to be flash or sophisticated, the breakfast service was fine with plenty of choice. We left with worstening weather (staff logged on to ferry tracker for us) We arrived at Douglas and found the return ferry had been cancelled last minute so..... back to Port Erin for another warm welcome at Falcons Nest. The Island is a gem too... go see for yourself !

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jules186233
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Although a couple of 'oldies' my husband and I were having a few days motor biking on the island and decided on Port Erin as we prefer smaller places.
The hotel is beautifully sited overlooking the bay and across to the Mountains of Morne. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. The room was very clean with coffee making facilities.
We dined there a couple of nights and the food was excellent especially the 'queenies' scallops which I love. Good wine completed the experience and we'd go back again.
Forgot to mention the fantastic Manx Kippers for breakfast, but for non fishies there's a great selection of bacon eggs etc all cooked quickly and not left lying around.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zoe53
Reviewed June 29, 2011

First time back to the Island in over 18 years, used to spend all our Holidays in Port Erin as a Child. First time I have stayed in the Falcons Nest although my Dad who we travelled with has stayed here several times in the past! I thought this was a lovely Hotel, Our room was clean, with a beautiful view of the Bay, large bathroom and clean towels as often as you wanted them. The breakfasts were great, everthing from cereal, & Fruit to a Full English, plus you only had to ask if you wanted Kippers. The evening meals were also delicious and the staff were wonderful. I would deffo go back to this Hotel and my only advice would be to ring to enquire about prices as I feel you get a far better deal and room rate etc when you speak to them direct rather than try to book over the internet!
On the whole we had a wonderful Holiday with my Hubbie & my dad, Port Erin is a lovely relaxed place with a beautiful beach that is safe for children and I feel that families with young children would love this place!!!

Room Tip: Room 1 & Room 2 are lovely rooms!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 15 in Douglas
Sefton Hotel
Sefton Hotel
#11 of 15 in Douglas

Been to Falcon's Nest Hotel? Share your experiences!