“West Lodge is now my first port of call in the Isle of Man!”
Review of West Lodge B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Erin
West Lodge B&B
Ranked #1 of 11 Port Erin B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2013

After my first visit last November I had no hesitation in returning in May. I felt I was coming home! Situated in easy walking distance of the sea front, shops and eateries in Port Erin, West Lodge ticks all the boxes and more. Nothing was too much trouble. The bathroom is just down the corridor with dressing gowns thoughtfully provided and the breakfast/sitting room provides all you need from an array of beverages to some of Barbara's delicious cake at supper time! Breakfast is excellent with ample choice. The bus and steam train station is near by and Port Erin bay is a beautiful setting for sunsets as well as a good starting point for coastal walks. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: November 2012
westlodge_13, Owner at West Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

We are so glad you came to stay at Westlodge again and that you enjoyed your stay.Eric and I look forward to your next visit. All the best
kind regards Barbara and Eric

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have been coming to the IOM and Port Erin in particular for 15 years, and of all the places I have stayed, this is the one I would choose to come back to. Barbara and Eric are the perfect hosts and make sure all their guests have everything they need, and they are prepared to put themselves out for the guests and allow them to use the kitchen and other facilities usually not available to B&B guests.

Having read the other comments, it is true that the bathroom is shared and there are no TVs in the bedroom, but these are only slight inconveniences and a little planning means everyone gets to use the bathroom in comfort. Their brochure explains exactly what is and is not offered, so you wont get any shocks. The negative comments should not detract from the warm and homely atmosphere they have created for the guests, and remember there are the little extras they provide such as the wonderful cakes supplied every night. There is free Wifi, so you can watch programmes in the room if you want to.

Their breakfasts are extensive and beautifully cooked, the bedrooms and all communal rooms are spick and span, and really the whole experience they provide is excellent. All this for just £25 or night, too.

So, if you are using this review to plan your holiday, give them a ring. You won't be disappointed if you decide to stay there ( and I was there 2 weeks) .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
westlodge_13, Owner at West Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thankyou for your kind review ,we always try our best for our guests to have a good time in Port Erin and you certainly packed alot in on your holiday.We hope to see you again soon and all the best for the future.
kind regards Eric and Barbara

Reviewed August 18, 2013

this is my first time travelling alone, especially in a foreign country. before i got there, i had been a bit unsure what to do and what people would be like there, but i definitely had a best holiday ever. first Eric and Barbara made me very welcomed and tried to help me to make plans that i could fit as much as in my short-stay schedule. and clean beds and lovely breakfast are much appreciated. besides, Manx are best people i have ever met, everyone is so friendly and helpful. i really would like to go this island and live in Eric & Barbara's again :)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Audrreyyy
westlodge_13, Owner at West Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thankyou Audrey for your review,it was a shame you did not have longer to see the I O M,but we would be glad to see you back some time in the future.It was a pleasure to meet you.
kind regards Barbara and Eric

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times over the years. Its a nice small place with friendly owners. Not bad for £25pn, but you dont get much in the room, like TV, etc and there's a shared bathroom and toilet for 5 rooms so it can be 'who gets in first', etc. Also I found the bed very short for a 5.10 tall person.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Rob F
westlodge_13, Manager at West Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thanks for your review,only have 4 rooms and bathroom has never been a problem.Re beds they are the normal single size.We have a lounge with TV and home made cakes in the evening also free wi fi so I think we are value for money.
regards Barbara

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed with Eric an Barbara for the Port Erin Bay Swim. The B&B was comfy, clean, great breakfast . I was travelling alone and was made to feel very welcome , by Barbara and Eric and the other guests. Will defo stay here again Thanks again xx

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
westlodge_13, Owner at West Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thankyou for your kind review,we hope to see you again sometime in the future.
kind regards Eric and Barbara

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Had a lovely visit to I.OM. in May and found West Lodge to be a good clean and friendly place to stay. Eric and Barbara were excellent hosts. The lodge is well situated close to both bus stops and train station. The food provided for breakfast was very good and set us up for the day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
westlodge_13, Owner at West Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Hi Thankyou for your good review it is nice to know when people leave that they have enjoyed there stay with us.
kind regards barbaar and eric

Reviewed June 26, 2013

You got a lovely Welkom .eric and Barbara ,waiting at door.coffe and home made scones.sooooo nice.this please is very homely.had the best sleep for a long time.port Erin is so lovely.thank you to the drinkwater.i would stay here again

Stayed: June 2013
westlodge_13, Owner at West Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thankyou for your kind comments about my scones you will have to come back for more
Barbara and Eric

#2 of 16 in Douglas
Sefton Express
Sefton Express
#1 of 1 in Ballasalla

Been to West Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!