“Good food and a pleasant environment”
Review of Station Hotel

Station Hotel
Ranked #7 of 22 Restaurants in Port Erin
Dining options: Reservations
Description: opposite Port Erin railway station
Dublin, Ireland
“Good food and a pleasant environment”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Station Hotel is more of a pub and restaurant than a hotel but one that serves an excellent range of food all day with specials and all at very reasonable prices. We visited it in the evening when it was quite busy but the environment was very relaxing.

The landlord and his daughter are very much involved in the business and are very welcoming. If you are worried about getting a table it might be best to book a table.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Peregrini

Douglas, United Kingdom
“Nothing to recommend.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The Station Hotel is not a hotel - no accommodation available. Drinkers are not really welcome, while there is a reasonable choice of beers etc. there are few if any bar snacks and preference is given to serving the more profitable dinning customers. The food provided is basic; quick to prepare & serve being the management preference. The evening I visited the (relief?) manager was as arrogant, unhelpful, and rude as any uninterested salary worker could be. The prices here are very high on everything. This place is a good advertisement for buying at the supermarket and staying in the comfort of your own home.

• Visited July 2013
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“I assume this is the station hotel Port Erin.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

bar is ok and has real ale on tap but on the two occasions I have used it I felt I was in the way as the diners seemed to take preference over those waiting at the bar. The beer was good and the food seemed to be going well as I saw nobody complaining.

Visited July 2013
“Day Out”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went to Port Erin today by bus and we noticed the Station we both have never ate here before we had a small table for 2 it was clean and tidy in the station and the lady who was very friendly and quick serving asked if we would like drinks we then looked at the lunch menu and chose baked potato with tuna and cheese and steak and ale pie both meals arrived within about 10 mins and were piping hot and we both had a good plate full we didnt need dessert as we were both full it was a very good price for 4 beers and 2 main meals excellent service and the waitresses were very switched on clearing plates and serving people as they came in. would definatley recommend this place wehope to come back next sat and have lunch

price excellent and meals were amazing thank you

• Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Outdated arrogance and very basic `pub grub'”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a popular local restaurant and receives good reviews but I wonder who is doing the reviewing? There are so many fundamental faults with this place and an overwhelming arrogance on the part of management.
On the menu there are numerous major problems. On their starters is listed `Chefs choice pate '. Ok, you may think, but what is it. I asked this question to the the waiter who was running around trying to do too many things at once " because it's so busy ". Anyway when asked what sort of pate it was he replied `Ardennes'.....OK, so what is Ardennes..."meat" he replied. Anyway I ordered it and it turned out to be what I thought was a pork terrine. I did ask another waiter to ask the chef what sort of meat it was and after coming back and saying that they didn't know 'because it was supplied to all the restaurants in the extensive ( 50 + )hotel chain he eventually returned and identified it as pork. OK, so why can't they drop their silly `Ardennes' and identify it as a pork terrine..might help any Jewish clients to avoid embarrassment and might help any discerning diners to make an informed choice.
Then we come to main meal accompaniments `choice of potatoes', but nowhere does it identify what these choices are and when asked, the response from our busy assistant manage was shot out as `jacket-chips or new' as if this was obvious and I was a dummy.
When also asked if I and my companion want ` veg', also unlisted on the menu, I had given up and just said "yes".
this is an arrogant and stupid way to present a menu and, whilst the food was OK, I would put money on the fact that the gloop that served as gravy contained MSG, because I cannot think of any other way to make a gravy resemble glue.
the sad thing is that I think the staff thought they were being helpful but they simply haven't been given the training or the tools.
Order your food and don't think about it and you will be fine.

• Visited June 2013