“A genuine home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Erin
Breagle Glen Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 11 Port Erin B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 15, 2011

While this is only my first post on TA, this is a genuine review. I stayed at Breagle Glen for a 2-night brief holiday on-route to Australia at the end of a stint studying in England and was made to feel welcomed far beyond your average friendliness of B&Bs/hotels.

Pam went out of her way to make my short stay on the beautiful IOM as enjoyable as possible, from really helpful suggestions of what to do and directions for my day's travels, to a glass of juice waiting for me at the end of the day in my room (and offered many other options), to personally ringing the pubs in town to find out where the champions league football match was on, to the surprise packed lunch on the morning i left for me to eat at the airport (thanks Pam!). The bed was really comfortable, the room spotlessly clean and the shower very hot. The breakfasts were delicious and the choices very generous.

But the biggest recommendation I can give is for the hospitality. I felt like a visiting relative of the family rather than a complete stranger paying for board, but in a manner that never felt intrusive or put on. Pam and her husband are genuinely nice people who made my stay so much more than the sum of it parts. Thankyou Pam for a wonderful end to my UK adventure!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank matt_from_sydney

Reviewed September 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Breagle Glen B&B for a week and I can honestly say that we have never experienced hospitality of this standard before. Superlatives seem almost inadequate to describe the whole experience - 'fantastic', 'excellent', 'fabulous' are just words that even added together fail to do justice to the quality of this establishment and its owners. Every aspect of our stay was catered for by a couple determined that their hospitality would be the best - it was. I was having my nightly tipple of Scotch out of a glass from the bathroom - the next night I came home to a cut glass tumbler! Flowers in our room and dressing gowns were just two of the special 'touches' that made our stay so special. Our food was to die for and Pam even made fabulous diabetic jam for us from fruits in her garden - the fact that she loves cooking is to her guests' benefit! Local knowledge and help? Pam and Graham have almost encyclopaedic knowledge of the Isle of Man, it's people, traditions and culture.

Does this all seem too good to be true? There's only one way to find out - try the experience for yourself - but please not until we have made our repeat booking!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tamdhu
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Pam and Graham were brilliant with an excelllent local knowledge and always had ideas for our short break to be enjoyable. An added bonus was Graham meeting us at the airport for a scenic return to the B & B. Extensive choice of breakfast cooked to your requirements.
Very good nights sleep on a comfortable king-size bed in a pleasant room.
A 5-10 minute walk downhill led us to a sandy beach in a pretty bay with all amenities accessible including Bus and Steam Train connections.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MandD44
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We walked around the coast of the Isle of Man in June 2010 in marvellous sunny weather. We stopped at B&Bs each night which had been pre-booked in March. Pam & Graham made us very welcome and gave us tea and cakes on our arrival. We stayed with them for two nights - although not consecutive days and this was not a problem. They came to collect us after we had finished walking for the day and dropped us back the following day at the same point so we could carry on. The breakfast menu is varied and excellent and different from the normal 'Isle of Man'/English fry up. Pam made us a packed lunch including delicious chicken and roast pepper baguettes for which she did not charge. The rooms are spotlessly clean, she washed our clothes one night - nothing was too much trouble. So if you are looking for somewhere to stay in Port Erin or indeed the Isle of Man - then look no further - this is the best place to stay. Edward and Angela Brown

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Edward_Brown
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Pam and Graham welcome us with a big huge! We try both of the room in the B&B, the blue one and the yellow one, both with ensuite bathroom and facilities. Everything was clean and perfect, beds are new and sleep was great!
Pam is a wonderful owner, a sublime chef (next time we want to try also her dinner menú that will be escellent for sure), never tired of giving us informations, suggests...
She suggest The Spund for the first night on the Island and was really romantic.
We stay at Breagle Glen for the first night and return for another night because we miss Pam and Graham and the good feeling we found inside this house!
Port Erin is little but cousy and nice, with a large and quiet beach, very clean, and people in this place is helpfull and gentle.
Like home, better than home, thank you Pam and Graham
Paola e Giuseppe - Italy

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PaulineBrown1971
Reviewed March 25, 2010

We stayed at Breagle Glen B&B for 4 nights in January whilst visiting the IOM for a friends wedding. We decided to stay here to keep the costs down as the wedding hotel was quite expensive, and I'm glad we did. Apparently we were their first guests as they had just finished renovating the guest accommodation which was lovely.

We stayed in the rear bedroom which is the larger of the 2 double bedrooms (but without the fantastic view) and was a good size with a very comfy bed. My 2 yr old daughter who normally would sleep in our room had the luxury of the singe bedroom next door. Whilst neither room had a bath which was a slight disadvantage for us, they both had excellent en-suite shower rooms.

Manx breakfast was excellent. I've never come across Kipper Kedgeree before but I'll be looking out for it in the future.

Port Erin is a lovely little village, with the beach being only a few minutes walk down the hill. Despite it being pretty cold in January we spent a very happy hour playing on the beach.

From the little that I saw of the Isle of Man I would certainly say the South is the best part and Breagle Glen is highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank ajfvr

Been to Breagle Glen Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!