“Comfortable hotel and great food”
Review of The George Inn

The George Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Mere B&B and Inns
Littlehampton
“Comfortable hotel and great food”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

stayed for 1 night with my parents, checked in by landlady and shown to our rooms - ours a double, my parents a twin both rooms with bathrooms ensuite. Rooms very clean, new beds and bedlinen. Ate in restaurant Food was excellent with great choice and cooked to order. Slept well and breakfast was again cooked to order by Pat the Landlord and this too was great and set us up for the day. thanks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was found online, when I arrived first appearance was very traditional and welcoming. I was due to stay 3 nights whilst on a course in nearby Warminster but unfortunately my course finished early which cut my stay to only 1 night. The staff were very polite and the overall experience was fantastic. The country breakfast was outstanding and I have my fair share of overnight stays in my line of work hug can say this particular breakfast cooked by Pat was outstanding and the bacon inarticulate was great very thick and minimal fat. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here and I would book again if near the local area. Might shoot my self on the foot here but if I was Pat I would 100% look at increasing the price as what they offer is well worth in my opinion £55-£65 and I couldn't see anybody questioning this.
All the best for the future
Mr A Bedford

• Stayed May 2012
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stay on 7,8 May 2012 for 2 nights,Good size room,free parking,big cooked breakfast in the morning,Sleep well. WiFi just works in rooms ,maybe no shower in my room let it down a little??

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Somerset, England
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We had lunch there today and had very good food, freshly produced and the time it took to arrive and spacing between courses was just right. The prices were very reasonable, especially the Specials. All the four different sauces/gravies tried were very tasty and not 'commercial' tasting. The only thing to let it down was the ice cream - very ordinary and disappointing - especially since the other puddings were home made and lovely; there are so many special ice creams available.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CadburyCountry
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Arrived reasonably early and was shown to my room after signing the register. Register is a little old fashion as left on reception in full view of everybody with resident's addresses... I did not write my real address as I think it is no longer safe to do this.
My room was just warm although the heating was full on. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. There was no space to work in the room, which is a bit of a problem for me as I normally work in the evening. The broadband worked in the room but only if you stand by the door. The router could do with a bit more power.

Breakfast was excellent and the staff very friendly.

I had dinner there one evening, the food was good but I thought a little pricy.

Would I go back? Yes I would and may well do so as I work in the area most weeks at the moment

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
warlingham
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed at The George on 10th December to celebrate an early family Christmas. We were not disappointed. The Christmas meal was lovely, obviously home cooked not pre-frozen, and was excellent value for money. The rooms were clean and well equipped and the bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home with me. There was a good choice at breakfast and the cooked breakfast was very good. We received a warm and friendly welcome at The George and wish the new owners every success. Hopefuly this lovely old inn has finally found the owners it deserves.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lizziew100
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The inn was very quiet being a Sunday evening in early November but they did a nice meal for us. My wife had the pork tenderloin and I had the beef stroganoff and they were both very tasty!

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mere
Best Western Shaftesbury The Royal Chase Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bourton
Hunters Lodge Inn
Hunters Lodge Inn
#1 of 7 in Wincanton

Been to The George Inn? Share your experiences!