“Good tasty food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Good food good and service is friendly and fun
Not cheap Indian but cooked fresh and very tasty , portions not massive but I like that
Nice room

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant a number of times and always been pleased with the food and service. However, tonight was a very different experience. One of our main meals was the incorrect dish and was just whipped away with no explanation and we were told we would have to wait for the correct dish that we ordered. My dish was cold so they took it away to heat it up in the microwave. When my friend's dish came back it only had 3 pieces of chicken tikka so we felt disappointed with our meal. We mentioned this to a couple of the waiters who didn't really seem interested. When the bill came we felt aggrieved that we had complained about the quality of food but no acknowledgement had been given. One of the waiters came over to collect the bill and I pointed out that we had not been happy and he said well you haven't said anything to me. I explained I had told 3 of the other waiters. He was very rude and aggressive in his attitude. I explained what the problems were and he said well what do you want to pay then? I said I thought that was up to him as it was his restaurant and we had expressed our complaint. At that he pointed his finger aggressively and said don't you tell me how to run a restaurant I'm 40 years old and been running this restaurant for years! We then said we are older than that as we felt it was a very irrelevant thing to say and he said yes I know you are and walked off! To be honest we paid the bill in full and left but I have eaten in a lot of restaurants over the years and have never felt so threatened and intimidated as I did in this restaurant. It was appalling customer service and I feel that with all the competition in Wollaston for Indian restaurants this one should really be avoided at all costs. The disgusting attitude of one member of staff has meant that I will never attend this restaurant again and I will warn other people not to also. It was a truly terrible experience which I would not recommend to anyone.

1  Thank LJC15
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Karma in Wollaston far exceeds any expectations and the food is the best quality food freshly prepared I have eaten anywhere! Fantastic restaurant with excellent food and ambience.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have eaten there on many occasions and always been very pleased. The last two visits however have left something to be desired. Still good but not as good particularly considering the price of the alcohol. We will go again but Bengal Fusion in Lye is as good and better value.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Food is first class, service and surroundings great, portions could be a bit bigger so order extra rice or a nan bread.