“Oh la la”

French Connection
Ranked #17 of 138 Restaurants in Stourbridge
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family run Bistro serving quality food at a fair price. Seats up to 50 persons in a typically French Provincial Bistro setting.
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Oh la la”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Lovely little French restuarant in the middle of Stourbridge. All food is freshly cooked and all tasted are catered for. Very good value meals in the week with a two or three course meal being very well priced. Al a carte at the weekend - excellent food but can be a bit pricey. Owners have been there for years and know there customers really well. Not a place I would take children.

Visited September 2011

Stourbridge
“Pleasant evening.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went on the "Chill out Tuesday" menu.
The food and service were very good and although not very full the light music provided by the pianist and singer made for a relaxing atmosphere.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank saintstim
Christopher H, Owner at French Connection, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed our "Chill out Tuesday" and the menu on offer. The last couple of Tuesdays have been a bit quiet, due I think to the holiday period, but hopefully if you visit us again it will be a little busier and more lively, there will be a new menu too after we return from our annual holiday in early September. Thanks again for your kind words, we all appreciate it.
“The best food for miles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I recently made a booking for a friends birthday and although we were a large group everyone was served on time with fantastic food, I have since been back as part of a couple and the food was again outstanding. The three course menu is fantastic value and I particularly love the vegetables they serve. For the price I think this restaurant is a great find, especially considering the price you pay in many chains for very average food. Only thing I would like is more vegetarian choices in the starters but there is a great dessert menu if I have any room left.

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. We try to find dishes to suit as many of our customers as we can with a selection of vegetarian and gluten free dishes, but I accept that sometimes we don't have quite as many variations as we could. We will try to do better with our NEW AUTUMN Menu when it comes out in September. I hope you will give us another try then. Thanks again for your review.
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Never been disappointed . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

I don't usually write reviews, this is my first for Trip Advisor. My wife and I recently booked in for the new Tuesday evening menu. I had the Steak Haché and it was absolutely superb, excellently cooked and presented. My wife also thoroughly enjoyed the scallops. The service was friendly and professional. The atmosphere and ambience was spot on. I would recommend the FC for a romantic evening meal for two, or a great place for a group to celebrate, or even if you pop in for breakfast on your own, there is always a warm welcome. The chef obviously takes great pride in his dishes, the menu is always varied, interesting and well thought out.
Mr T - Stourbridge

• Visited July 2012
Thank you very much for your review. It is great to have positive feedback, aal of us at FC really appreciate knowing when our efforts are appreciated. Thanks again!
Halesowen
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

A little 'cafe' style (so not my ideal setting), but we ended up here accidently - but will probably revisit!! The service was just right and so was the food - it was HOT too! (unfortunately, one dessert was not available). I must add, the staff were wonderful, and the atmosphere was just right.

Visited July 2012
Thank you for your review. Occasionally we have to withdraw an item from the menu, sometimes because of supply difficulties, sometimes because we have been caught out by demand, so I am sorry that we were short on the night you visited, we will try to do better in future. Thank you again for your review.