“Excellent food. We will be back”
Review of The French Hen

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stourbridge
The French Hen
Ranked #5 of 6 Stourbridge B&B and Inns
“Excellent food. We will be back”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We decided to try this restaurant for my daughters 15th birthday. The service was excellent and the quality of the food was very very good. We had read the reviews and were a little unsure of what to expect but we are certainly glad we gave this place the benefit of the doubt. The food presentation and portion size was excellent. I normally like to clear my plate but on this occasion I could not manage it. All 5 of us enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Even had a good variety to cater for vegetarians.

We will definitely be going back.

I can't comment on the hotel side if things as we did not stay.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Ptull3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I visited the French hen on the 2nd April 2012 with my partner. I reluctantly went back to this pub after a disappointing experience last year and quite frankly wished I hadn't bothered.
We went for the lunch time menu ordering a steak baguette and cheese and onion baguette.

Both baguettes were luke warm and steak barely cooked. The salads which came with both baguettes was not fresh and clearly days old. The cucumber was floppy and should have been in the bin and not on my plate instead using balsamic vinegar in attempt to hide this.

The whole pub is in need of a damn good clean. Dirty menu's, ceiling and surrounding bar area does not give a good impression and you are left wondering what state the kitchen facility's are in.

To top the visit off a male member of staff was more interested in playing the fruit machine than serving waiting customer at the bar. (excellent customer services)

The waitress that served us was pleasant but I certainly wont be going back to this establishment.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Chamone83
West Midlands
Reviewed February 20, 2012

As we had not eaten at the French Hen Inn restaurant for 3 years we decided to go again recently. I hoped that after 3 years the menu might have changed but to my horror it was exactly the same. As I had eaten most of the meals on the menu I was massively disappointed as there wasn't anything on there that I would have chosen to eat more than once. The charge for the meal was high yet the quality was extremely low and I spent most of the following day on the toilet with diarrhea! As if that wasn't bad enough the service was appalling too. We went on a Sunday evening and the restaurant was half empty yet despite that and the fact there were two waitresses (one very surly) working we had to wait half an hour for our order to be taken. The meals then arrived within a timely manner but once we had finished we got so sick of waiting for our plates to be cleared and the dessert menu to arrive that we got up and asked for the bill then left. Overall a spoilt evening and we have vowed never to return and would not recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank nojiggerchick
Cradley Heath
Reviewed November 28, 2011

First impressions of the pub was nice the look and feel about the place was fantastic but that was soon to change.
Party of 13 of us went and a number of things went wrong:
* 2 Steak meals Under cooked had to be returned to get recooked to Medium not RARE.
* 2 Meals for other people did not turn up till we had all finished our meals ( But was given for free and they did say sorry)
* One meal had a long hair in the potatoe.
* Apple and Rubarb Crumble was Black ( over cooked ) and tasted Off.

Overall i would never return to this place it looks lovely but the food aint , the lady who served us could not apologise enough so im guessing she has experinced problems before .

My own meal wasnt so bad but for the money you pay and the hastle we had DONT BOTHER !!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank RAMSY25
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I took my mother here approx three weeks ago for a spot of friday afternoon lunch. I have eaten here before and enjoyed there lunch menu. When attempting to order door we were told that they only had one chief and weren't serving foot. The pub wasnt over busy. Very disappointing. We only wanted a steak chibbata.

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank Chamone83
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2011

If you are in the area and want to relax ,have a good meal,a drink and sleep well, then this is the place. From start to finish we ate well, we drank good cask and wellknown beers and lagers and because it is just off the beaten track, slept in near silence. For £50:00 per night for bed and continental breakfast it was good value.My wife and I would go there again although truth be known I do like a good old full english in the morning, but one must watch the midriff or so my wife says. worth trying 8 out of 10

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce W
Stourbridge
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We visited in midweek when it was fairly busy. The food was very nice to a good standard with very adequate portions, so adequate that neither of us could manage a pudding.....Steve and Lynne, Stourbridge

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stourbridge
Hogarths Stone Manor
The Windsor Castle Inn
The Windsor Castle Inn
#2 of 6 in Stourbridge
Talbot Hotel
Talbot Hotel
#6 of 6 in Stourbridge
Premier Inn Stourbridge Town Centre Hotel

Been to The French Hen? Share your experiences!