“FANTASTIC FOOD.GREAT MENU.VARIETY OF DISHES.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Balti Bazaar

Balti Bazaar
Ranked #63 of 137 Restaurants in Stourbridge
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Established since 1997 and won many awards including the BEST OF STOURBRIDGE. We specialise in Traditional Balti dishes and take pride in serving only the leanest of meats served with fresh produce. All main dishes are prepared in our restaurant exactly as in our homes. Each dish will have its own distinctive flavour and aroma which cannot come from any curry powder but from spices and herbs specially prepared by ourselves. We are here to satisfy you with our food and service and would be glad to fulfil your curiosity about our food and culture. We welcome healthy criticism if there is any to improve our standards. Free Car Parking OPEN 7 DAYS Sunday to Thursday 17:00 till 12:30 Friday & Saturday 17:00 till 01:00
“FANTASTIC FOOD.GREAT MENU.VARIETY OF DISHES.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Fantastic food, a wide range of choice. Great service from staff very friendly and welcoming. Would recommend to all my friends and family.

2 Thank Carrington45

Halesowen, United Kingdom
“A great way to soak up the beer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

After having spent most of the afternoon at the Black Country Beer Festival, just around the corner, myself, my wife and a friend decided it would be a good idea to get a bit of food inside us; we decided on Balti Bazaar as it was just around the corner and we'd heard good things about it.

First impressions weren't great; we had to physically force our way in to the place thanks to an ignorant 'Addams Family' group blocking the entrance and refusing to move, then the staff pointed us to a table and left us there. I was becoming a bit agitated as, after about 20 minutes, nobody had even taken our drinks order. Luckily, one of the waiters did then take our order and the change was dramatic to say the least.

Our starters arrived within a few minutes of the order being taken, and then once they had been cleared away the main courses followed very quickly! I ordered the Bengali Garlic Chilli Chicken, with Keema Pilau Rice, both of which were absolutely stunning; the portions were a generous size and so full of flavour, I am salivating as I write this review.

My wife and friend also enjoyed their meals, a jalfrezi and a mixed dish, which did look and smell fantastic as well. The bill was very reasonable, and we left feeling nicely full and well fed.

One complaint I do have is that, at 10.20pm on a Saturday night, there were far too many very young children there; at that time of a night I find it beyond belief that some parents think its fine to take a crying baby to a curry house; maybe the owners could instigate a 'no children after 9pm' rule like a lot of places do? It'd certainly make for a more pleasant atmosphere.

That aside though, this was a very pleasing way to end what had been a good day of ale, sunshine, football and live music!

1 Thank Rikki816
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“uggggggggh”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

the food was warm not hot, the food was not all served together, the food all tasted too hot!!! When we arived we were seated and welcomed but that was where it ended, as like most of the baltis in Lye very much all taste the same, boring food and warm not hot.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank rickcam-1
Baltibazaar, Manager at Balti Bazaar, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with your experience dining at The Balti Bazaar.

I appreciate all feedback and it is just as important if not more to hear when things haven't been quite right.

I take all tripadvisor reviews seriously and discuss all points made during meetings with the staff.

We do not want to effect the quality of our food and most certainly do not want our reputation to be altered simply down to boring food? warm not hot? our menu has a variety of different dishes which cannot taste the same ! I would prefer if you would try different options on the menu than to serve something which would not appear to be to our standards. As i have seen you must not like the curry houses in Lye at all

Please accept my apology for your "uuurghhh" meal. I hope that you will give us another chance as I assure you you will not be disappointed.

Kind regards,

Shaz
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“It's doubtful we'd return.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

A group of 4 of us visited this Indian restaurant yesterday evening on a whim. We arrived and were greeted by a very friendly waiter and shown to a table where we ordered drinks. Unfortunately, things went down hill from there. I absolutely love Indian food, and so had high hopes for an enjoyable meal. We were given approximately 2 minutes to browse the menu before we were encouraged to order - fine for me as I always know what I want, but not so great for 2 members of our party who were a little more indecisive - felt a little like we were being rushed. Our poppadoms were bought quickly, and the accompanying sauces were rather tasty. Then the starters arrived, and myself and another member of my party were given each others starters - thankfully we noticed this as we knew what we had ordered. After sorting the confusion amongst ourselves we ate. I can only judge my food, which was surprisingly minute and tasteless despite being one of the most expensive items on the menu. One member of my party enjoyed their starters, the other two stated that it left little to be desired. We were then faced with a mammoth wait for our main course. The restaurant wasn't exceptionally busy, so we were surprised at this. Our drinks were empty, and despite attempting to gain the attention of the wait staff many times we were seemingly ignored. When we finally got to order some more drinks, the member of staff who dealt with us was incredibly rude and gave the impression that we weren't really welcome. Finally our food arrived - but still no sign of a drink. Considering we only ordered 4 cokes, we were kept waiting a very long time. My main - a chicken dhansak - was, sadly, barely edible. When it arrived it had a film-like appearance on the top, suggesting that it may have been microwaved or stood for a while. I didn't eat a lot of this. My partner also left half of his Madras. The other two meals were 'okay', but considering the wait were nothing special. When we asked for the bill, again, we were kept waiting quite a while. There were no prices next to the food on the bill so it was very difficult to see where we had been charged and no way of checking our bill was correct. We were informed that we had been given a 10% discount, but again there was no way of validating this as no prices were included on the break down of the bill.
All in all, we were very disappointed with both the service and the meal we received here, and even though we were given a £5 voucher off our next visit, sadly we were all in agreement that we wouldn't return.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Leigh L
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went last saturday and had table booked for 8pm, unfortunately somebody had a table booked for 20 and another for 18 all at the same time. We did have to wait for approx 20 minutes but was worth the wait. Once the gorgeous poppadoms etc came out service was spot on and quick.
Cheap night out aws you take your own drinks. This was my 5th visit this year and I rate the food as the best in any Indian restaurant Ive eaten

• Visited November 2012