“Enjoyable evening”

Badgers Sett Beefeater
Ranked #62 of 138 Restaurants in Stourbridge
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak.
Stourbridge
“Enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

An impromptu meal out ....... but made all the better by a lovely waitress ( Gemma I think ), who was slightly " off the wall " !!
Good food , served quickly with a smile, which can be an unusual combination these days .
Will definitely eat here again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Visited the Badgers Sett pub a couple of days ago - on a Friday evening - 12 of us in total! Had pre-booked the table over a week before. Service was great! They were expecting us and we were seated dead on time. The staff were great with taking our orders for food and drinks and all the food was correct, hot and on time! Staff even had time to chat with us - which was nice and friendly!

Considering some of the reviews I have read here I wasn't looking forward to this much - but how wrong can you be?!

Great service!

UK
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Having recently moved into the area, this looked potentially like a very handy watering hole, so we though we would try Sunday lunch. We weren't looking for fine dining - just good basic pub grub. The decor was not welcoming - dark, gloomy and old-fashioned. The open kitchen area reminded me of a school kitchen. Service was excellent - friendly and welcoming, but the quality of the food was poor. The meat (pork) was over-cooked and over 50% fat, and the sprouts were quite extraordinary - they were so hard you could not get a fork into them. The gravy was watery and tasteless but left a nasty aftertaste reminding me of Bisto. The chocolate brownie was dry and unexciting.Some of this may have been down to the chef, but it left me wondering about the quality of the ingredients s/he had been given in the first place. To cap it - we were overcharged! (hence the rating for service, which would otherwise have been higher). We have found other local pubs that provide a more pleasant atrmosphere and much better food. Come on Whitbread! You can do it with Premier and Costa. Why not with your restaurants?

birmingham
“Breakfast with santa at the badgers sett”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

My self and my wife and 3 kids all went for breakfast at the badgers sett as a friend had told us about breakfast with santa, it was a great experience and santa was amazing, kids ate for free if adult buys a breakfast. Came away very happy and very full of food

• Visited December 2012
“Very sad experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

My family visited your restaurant on 8/12/12 especially as having breakfast with Santa was advertised we have been there on many occasions for evening meals and for the breakfasts but have to say my encounter was abysmal the chef seemed to have a very bad attitude especially towards the lady on duty we were observing as we were sitting opposite to where the chef was cooking the lady (with the blue hair) came more than once to apologise for the wait also apologising to all the guests I did take note that there were a lot of people in the restaurant getting very angry with this lady and wasn't her fault at all she seemed very upset there was really no need she was doing her best we noted plates all over the shelving and he seemed to be doing 15/20 breakfasts altogether which is I have to say unacceptable we waited 45 minutes for our breakfast which is also unacceptable the lady did apologise again and said we could have the breakfasts as complimentary due to the time we waited I felt very sorry for this lady and noted that that morning a lot of customers were having (free breakfasts) this poor lady was nearly in tears she was so upset about the situation I feel you need to change your chef or make him go on a hospitality course well done to the lady on duty but I certainly wouldn't want to work with someone who has such a bad attitude I hope the next time we return if we do that the chef is a different one on the plus side Santa was great kids loved him. Good idea.

2 Thank Direen