“Travelled 200 miles to visit again”
Review of Shenapur

Shenapur
Ranked #38 of 140 Restaurants in Stourbridge
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We happened upon this restaurant last March and as we were in the area again I found it on the web and booked a table. The décor is lovely and the staff friendly and attentive. We ordered the very reasonably priced house red and started with poppadoms , the pickles were very good, the lime pickle was perfect, the lime flavour was so fresh and it was nicely hot. We then had chicken passanda, mixed tandoori bhuna, bombay alloo, pilau rice and mushroom rice with a peshwari nan which was massive. The flavours were lovely and I should have remembered that 1 rice was enough for 2 people. All during the meal the staff were floating about without being obtrusive but ready to attend should you want them. All in all I would love this restaurant to be nearer home as it is so good. The meal for 2 with a sweet and wine came to £56 which I call good value

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This place has been quiet for a number of months now and it was very quiet when 8 of us visited on a Saturday evening.

Service was very good but there were plenty of staff there for just three tables. Portions sizes were excellent and the starters prompt, hot and tasty.

I was personally very disappointed with my Pasanda - it was very thin and as tasty as it should have been. Others were happy with their food - you pay a little more than some other places but as its the only place in West Hagley I suppose that's not a surprise.

Will return.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is our local Indian restaurant and have used it for many years. Mainly for takeaways, which can be varied in their quality - from excellent to just 'OK' and are certainly more expensive than in Lye/Oldswinford - but it is easy to get to, quick service and just handier for us - therefore the additional expense is expected.
Decided to eat in restuarant for a change - and although it was very quiet (it was a Tues evening) - the service and food was really good. Can especially recommend the Veg Madras with extra paneer!
Probably preferred the 'dining in' experience more than the takeaways....

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The service is good and the restaraunt is nicely furnished, the food I don't think it is as good as it used to be, the quantitys are large but I thought the rice was over cooked and the food was slightly bland. It isn't cheap and closed early so it isn't a late night eating place for after the pubs close.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had 4 mains, 4 nan breads and a rice plus popadums - bill came to £48 which wouldn't have been so bad but this was a take out meal! Buy it in Lye and you would get better quality and pay about £18 less. OK sourroundings would not be as nice but I won't be going there again in a hurry. Quality of food was average also - too many onions in the Jalfrezi