“Sadle up and ride on over”
Review of Windsor Castle Inn

Windsor Castle Inn
Ranked #2 of 137 Restaurants in Stourbridge
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is my fourth review and no I'm not a member of staff or related to brewery but I wish I was :-). Tuesday burger special was the treat tonight. Pub has a new Tarmac on the drive was parking spaces reduced. Plenty of space at the bar and for seating with just a sprinkling of eating customers. All very relaxed and easy going. My friend started with a pint of Red House mild, a drink he's not had in years but enjoyed no less. I had Jack's Pale Ale absolute heavenly drink which had delicate fruity elderflower notes. Wish I had a barrel at home! Friend choose the American burger and I the Black Country option. Both with hand cut chips. My burger tasted delicious with beef burger, black pudding and mushy pea patie. The meat comes with a certificate of being local farm reared. Very tasty but a tad to lean for my personal taste I like a bit of fat in my beef. Three alcoholic drinks and one lemonade with food came to £24 that's a Brucey Bonus! Honestly this pub is a real find, the beer is exceptional and food a real treat. Stop hesitating, book a table now, go on, pick up the phone before this magic place disappears like the morning dew.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I planned a trip on saddlers brewery tour for my husband. We caught the train and found the pub really easy to find from the station in Lye (literally across the road). We were there early and booked in but they gave us our vouchers before we went on the tour to try a couple of the ales. We then went on the tour which was really interesting, tasted the different grains, smelled the hops and tried the ales at different stages in the production. After the tour finished we sat down for a very generous ploughmans lunch and some more drinks with our card. We ended up staying for ages and trying all the different drinks. The atmosphere was lovely and you didn't feel rushed or anything. We definitely had a brilliant introduction to some really nice ale and will definitely be drinking it again.

The Windsor castle inn is a lovely relaxing place with good food and good drink and we would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank missyholly10000
Reviewed February 28, 2013

A visit on Saturday night meant the bar and Resturant was packed. An atmosphere where everyone is looking for a relaxing and good time, unfortunately the bar was 3 deep so took some time for a pint but the staff are buzzing and atmosphere relaxed.

Alot of people use this pub for pre-dinner drinks and the head off to the local Restaurants.

Would go back but maybe when it's a little quieter!

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic food, has become a little pricier over the years but still well worth it. A definite favourite.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

"Best pub in Stourbridge" i read before spending the weekend in the area and we were not disapointed. Emily our waitress and a member of the Sadler family was superb! Knowledgable and clearly enjoying meeting people and serving with a lovely sense of fun helped to make our evening very enjoyable indeed. The atmosphere was lively, drinkers and diners all seemed to be having a thoroughly enjoyable evening! The food was well cooked, plentiful and fresh. We enjoyed a great evening and will definately visit again when in the area next. :))