“Amazing place ”

Guildford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing place ”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Visited here a few times in the past couple of weeks and I have to say it is one of the nicest coffee shop/ tea rooms/ cafés I have been to in a long time. The atmosphere every time I go in there is incredible, such a cosy place. The owners have definitely made to most of what they have there.

I used to go to Tillings to get some work done but I think this might be my new little stop off.

My only concern is why a filter coffee cost more than an Americano, I couldn't work that one out. But they both taste just as good. Would definitely recommend.

1 Thank probarista
DabblingDuck2013, Owner at The Dabbling Duck, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for this review.
Just to explain about the pricing of the coffee.The filter coffee is more expensive as it is single estate whereas the americano is a blend.
Hope this makes sense
Cathy

Warfield, United Kingdom
“A lovely impromptu lunch”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Was passing through Shere today on the way elsewhere and stopped because the village looked so lovely! The Dabbling Duck drew us in straight away as it is just the sort of place I dream of owning! It was very busy so my husband and son sat outside with our dog and my daughter and I ate inside. The food was split and served between the two areas with no problems. We had toasted sandwiches and a charcuterie platter, all the food was very good! The cappucino was lovely too, much better than what is served in so many places now. Service was very friendly, all in all a lovely place and I look forward to returning for a planned visit next time.

• Visited October 2013

Lack of atmosphere
Scones are not home made - to buy ONE SCONE TO TAKE AWAY
ONE POUND FIFTY

OUTRAGEOUS

Tillings is better value for money and a least they make their own scones!!!

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Joyce B
DabblingDuck2013, Owner at The Dabbling Duck, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Joyce B from Albury.
It deeeply saddens me to see this review.
I really wish if you have an issue with us, you ask to speak to one of the owners as most of the time we are either there or at The Speckledy Hen.
Please call me on 01483 205791 (Shere) or 01483 894567 (shamley Green)
Cathy Garthwaite and Christina Collins
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Tea Time Treats”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

While I was renting property in the area of Shere, tea time treats at the Dabbling Duck became a must. It opened whilst I lived in the area and fast became the place to be, being more hands on and friendly than larger cafe's in the area. The food was always good and service cheerful and friendly. Lunch was always good too, with the salads in particular being imaginative and different.

• Visited April 2013
Guildford
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were recently introduced to this lovely little cafe/restaurant and returned for a big family birthday lunch with an age range from 88 - 1 years and all ages in between. We were thrilled with the service and quality.. we ordered in advance as we were a large party of 11 and despite a very busy lunchtime all our food was served simultaneously and of great quality. The presentation is excellent - lovely wooden duck platters, and all home made fayre. The children's meals were of particular note - all fresh produce. They even made us a beautiful home made birthday cake. Friendly staff, nice wines and great selection of juices, teas and coffees. This is obviously a very popular haunt for locals and tourists and we shall certainly return.

• Visited September 2013