“Perfect all around!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shere
Rookery Nook B&B Shere
Ranked #1 of 3 Shere B&B and Inns
Massachusetts
“Perfect all around!”
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Rookery Nook was perfect all around! Jill & Chris (& their grand daughter) were so welcoming and helpful in sharing their home with us. They are in the perfect location. We had no problem parking on-street in front of the church (though, it may be more difficult during peak tourist season). We stayed in the Downs View Room. It was 75 pounds. Though they are only 2 rooms in the home with a shared, full bath, it was like staying at a family's home instead of a hotel or large B&B. This is the best night of sleep we have had during our entire vacation. The bed is very comfortable and the room is roomy, clean, and had a wonderful view. There is no TV though we were fine with that. We opened the large window & kept it open all night to cool down the room more for sleeping. They made us a full, English breakfast and had a wonderful recommendation (with printouts of map & instructions) for a little walk through Shere. This was the highlight of our entire vacation! Shere is so dreamy and romantic! Thanks Jill and Chris! You were both so hospitable. We hope to see you again!

By the way, thank you for recommending the Kingham Restaurant (& the torches for our beautiful walk under the bright stars). It was quite good. We had some very good local ale, & pear cider at the White Horse Pub. Rookery Nook is in the perfect location.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Shere is probably pretty close to what most people would think of as a typical English village (no doubt a reason why it's been used in so many films). However, it's only a short jaunt from London and a great place to escape to for the weekend.

The Rookery Nook certainly fits in very well in Shere and you can feel the history of the place as soon as you walk in. It's a wonderful B&B - Chris and Jill were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble for them - we'll definately be back!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Delightful & Charming 15th Century B&B set in the most gorgeous English countryside & village (where Bridget Jones Diary, The Holiday & more no doubt have been filmed) - you could not be any luckier! And that is exactly how myself & my two daughters (ages 12 & 9) felt. Chris & Jill were so kind & welcoming. The house was warm & comfortable in every sense. I am a fussy traveller! And the bed was divine! We overlooked the square & the church - will attach some photos - and some mornings the clippety clop of a horse & rider would send my daughters scurrying to the window. It honestly felt like we had come home & we were very sad to leave to return to Sydney. The countryside is some of the best England has to offer. I highly recommend it. And I would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Broadway80
washington,d.c.
Reviewed June 19, 2009

We arrived at the Rookery Nook after our arrival at Heathrow:cold,damp and exhausted.We were warmly welcomed,settled in the comfortable parlor and served tea and homemade shortbread.That was our introduction to a magically perfect stay with Jill and Chris.The 15c. house is extraordinary,yet extremely warm and comfortable.Our bedroom had a good bed and was lovely;breakfast delicious;hosts endlessly helpful and delightful.One runs out of superlatives in attempting to describe the Rookery Nest and its hosts.We did not want to leave.It will always be our first stay when we arrive and our last stay when we depart England for U.S.
Carol Levison

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Oxford
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Well, I am not normally one for writing reviews. I like to have a nice weekend and then just chat about it to others but my weekend at the Rookery Nook has inspired me to tell the world how wonderful this treasure of a place is.

Driving into the village of Shere, you feel as if you are entering another world - quiet, quaint, pretty - everything an English village should be, but often never is. Then my partner and I saw the sign saying "Rookery Nook" and I was already pleased - a small cottage by the church that is so warm and inviting when you step through the door, I already dreaded leaving it.

We arrived earlier than asked but were greeted like old friends by owners Chris and Jill, rather than troublesome guests. We were shown around their beautiful house that is cosy without being small and just utterly charming and scattered with family photographs so you feel at home and not in a business bed n breakfast or hotel.

Our room was just beautiful - light, airy and overlooking the garden. Our bed was one of the comfiest I have ever experienced and as I said before we stayed for two nights but I did not want to leave.

Breakfast was delicious, made from local produce and the scrambled eggs were utterly divine- I highly recommend them!

After breakfast we would go for long walks around the surrounding areas, which were stunning - with breathtaking views and varied scenery, then to the local pub (featured in the film The Holiday) for a drink or dinner.

I could gush for ages about the Rookery Nook and our stay in Shere, but I will curb my reveiw and just say that you MUST go! Whether you are from overseas and want to experience the best and beautiful traditional England, or if like myself, you are from England and want to be overwhelmed at how wonderful your country is then visit Shere!

If you want to stay in a cosy cottage that is warm and charming and run by two delightful people who will do all they can to make your stay enjoyable and meet your needs then stay at the Rookery Nook. I hope you dont so that I can go back whenever I want and it is not booked up - but I cannot keep quiet about how good this place is so go - for a romantic weekend, restful weekend, walking weekend - whatever- just go, you wont regret it! I miss it already!

Sally, Oxford

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank salastair
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shere
De Vere Wotton House
#3 of 3 in Leatherhead
De Vere Horsley Estate
De Vere Horsley Estate
#1 of 1 in East Horsley

Been to Rookery Nook B&B Shere? Share your experiences!