“Lovely Weekend”

Ranked #1 of 8 Askrigg B&B and Inns
Newcastle
“Lovely Weekend”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend at this lovely new hotel in this beautiful village. We had some lovely walks and enjoyed a lovely short break Lisa and Keith made us very welcome and we cannot wait to return

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dave S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Barton upon Humber
Reviewed June 9, 2013

After being let down by another local hotel, the staff at the Kings Head pub recommended Skeldale House to us.
Although very late, Lisa quickly and effortlessly switched around beds to accommodate our daughter and made us feel most welcome.
If you are seeking a friendly, immaculate, quality B&B where nothing is too much trouble then Skeldale House should be your first choice.
A scrumptious breakfast using locally derived produce rounded off an excellent stay.
Thank you from Ian, Caroline and Charlotte.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ian B
lincs
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful weekend in Askrigg where we stayed at Skeldale House. This really is the most perfect B & B you could imagine. Everything you could wish for and more. Lisa and Keith make you feel so welcome. Our room was at the top of the house and was just beautiful, with fabulous views from all three windows. Breakfast was excellent, with so much choice and everything cooked to perfection. Just can't wait to go back.

1 Thank saulincs
leicestershire
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Skeldale House, went for the weekend, what a wonderful place, the rooms were amazing, did'nt want to leave. Absolutely huge rooms, own dressing room and bathroom, beds so comfy you don't want to get up. Lisa and Keith made us so welcome, what a lovely couple could'nt do enough, take the time to have a good chat, and really seem to enjoy what they do, I think when your stopping there this makes all the difference. We also booked in the for cream tea sunday afternoon, that was lovely nver had one before, will definately have another now. Absolutely 10 out of 10 for everything, can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: I would say every room will be wonderful saw 2 couldn't have chosen between them
1 Thank julieLeicestershire
Skeldale H, Owner at Skeldale House B&B, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Hi Julie & thanks for the great review. Glad we had a chance to get to know you both a little better while you stayed with us, its not quite the same chatting over a counter! Hopefully when you come again I'll have Keith working with me which I know he'll enjoy as he feels he misses out when he's down in the shop, plus I could do with some help! Hopefully see you both again soon.
Atherstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My partner & I stayed 25th to 27th May 2013 at this wonderful luxurious bed & breakfast which is famous as it is the original building which was the 'vets surgery' in the TV series 'All Creatures Great & Small' each room has been given a name appropriately connected to the programme. We stayed in the 'Drover's Room' which was absolutely amazing ! the decor and finishings are spot on. The welcome we received from Lisa was second to none, she even booked us a table for dinner in advance at the 'Kings Arms' just over the road, which was the 'Drovers Arms' in the programme. The breakfast was excellent all local produce used and freshly cooked to order with a good choice of menu to suit all. We also sampled the 'Afternoon Tea' which was again all home made with a sumptuous collection of sandwiches and cakes wonderfully displayed which did not last long on the plate I have to say !! Our only complaint was that we could not have stayed longer, we should have stayed another night but had to return earlier due to work committments, however we have re-booked for August bank holiday. The overall experience was one definately to be repeated and excellent value for money thanks Lisa see you in August 13.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of equal quality and standard
2 Thank Waggy15_13
Skeldale H, Owner at Skeldale House B&B, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
What an amazing review! I am overwhelmed by the responce that Skeldale House is producing and the wonderful people I am meeting and it is a pleasure from start to finish. I am so glad you re-booked but disappointed you left early too. It felt like I'd known you two for years and we didn't spend too much time talking shooting me & Gary did we Lynne! Looking forward to seeing you again in August & all the very best.
Daingean, Offaly, Ireland
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This guest house is so amazing that 5 stars don't do it justice. The standards and attention to detail should be a precedent for all other hotels and guesthouses the world over. My wife and I stayed for five nights and what struck me was the peace and quiet. Not a sound all night, no dogs barking, no traffic. The beds and bed linen are so luxurious that you won't want to get up in the morning, that is until you suddenly remember the gastronomic treat that awaits in the dining room. I'm a big hungry Irishman and the hearty breakfast exceeded my requirements to keep me going well into the day. You will arrive a stranger and leave as a friend. Lisa is gifted as a hostess. In my humble opinion, if Skeldale house does not satisfy ones needs, then one should not leave home ever again on an overnight stay! Stephen & Maureen Keogh.

3 Thank Stephen K
Lisa W, Owner at Skeldale House B&B, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Stephen & Maureen a massive thankyou for your fantastic review & I agree, you arrived as guests and left as friends! I enjoyed your company from start to finish and your enthusiasm for All Creatures was contagious. I am thrilled we fulfilled your lifelong dream and that you loved your stay as well. See you soon,
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was working in Hawes and heard that Skeldale House had been opened as a Bed and Breakfast. I called on the off chance and Lisa told me all about the building.

On the night of my stay I was the only resident, had a loely meal at the pub that doubled as the Drovers Arms and a good nights sleep.

I would love to go back with my wife one weekend when we can relieve ourselves of the kids. Thank you.

Room Tip: From the rooms I saw they are all great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank davebis74
Lisa W, Owner at Skeldale House B&B, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank's for that I really appreciate it and would love to welcome you and your wife back here. You caught us on a quiet night, but I am glad you still enjoyed your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Askrigg
Stone House Hotel
#1 of 9 in Aysgarth
Riverside Bed and Breakfast
Moor View Bed and Breakfast
Milton House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Skeldale House B&B? Share your experiences!