“Exceptional food well balanced flavours friendly professional service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of chameli tandoori

chameli tandoori
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Holbeach
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional food well balanced flavours friendly professional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have been twice to the Chameli and thoroughly enjoyed the experience both times.I am looking forward to my third time tonight. The venue is attractive,the settings pleasant,the service friendly and well timed, the food...sublime. I have been eating Indian food in Birmingham,London,etc etc since the 1960s,(including Indian home cooking) and for me this restaurant serves the best food I have ever tasted..Beautifully cooked and sound quality produce. Tender and tasty.
I cannot praise it highly enough. We went at night during winter months so I cannot say if there was outdoor seating,nor can I say if there was a view. I just remember the friendly atmosphere and the great meals.

• Visited January 2013

Spalding, United Kingdom
“fantastic curry house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This has to be the best curry house for many miles, we travel especially over to eat hear. really good tasting currys with many different flavours, the meat both chicken and lamb are good size and so incredibly tender no fat on the lamb very good quality, the service is very friendly and helpful it is amazing what they can produce in such a small place.
If you like curry this is the place to eat.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sarah S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best indian ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

What can i say??? The best indian food i ever had. Staff are very friendly. Clean restaurant. Food is to die for. I have been coming here for the last 2 months as i have recently moved to the area, and i shall continue coming until the forseeable future.

1 Thank Lovelyjublbly
Gedney Dyke
“Appalling!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Have just moved to the area and working my way around various restaurants and takeaways, I decided to get a take out as my kitchen is being refurbished. The restaurant itself looked very clean and I did notice a four star certificate for hygiene. However the food was a big let down... I ordered 2 Jalfrazi dishes with a Keema nan.... firstly the cost of £22 did seem a bit steep. The chicken was very dry and tough.....it had been precooked and must have been sat around for a while..... there was very little sauce of which was bland......the green chilies had just been thrown in and still had storks attached. In today's competitive market you just cannot afford to serve up sub standard food...... I will not be returning to this restaurant...... I will stick to making my own curries which have better texture and flavor.

• Visited January 2013
6 Thank glenn13gedneygyke
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Tip top hot bottom!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've been using Chameli for more than 20 years, to eat in and to take away. Run by a lovely, friendly Bangladeshi family, the food very seldom disappoints, freshly cooked from scratch, with fresh ingredients. The menu is extensive, with something for everyone. We've eaten at "indian" restaurants all over the country, and Chameli is still our number one by miles.

• Visited December 2012