All reviews hay on wye lovely old building evening meal lamb lovely atmosphere room was clean and comfortable modern facilities steeped in history warm welcome room was large several years under new management breakfast was excellent tasty food good selection of ales lovely sunday lunch country hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After moving here for a year an half and the Rhydspenece being my local , I would like to say thanks to mark , Lowry and the team behind the scenes. For making me feel very welcome
You have all made me fill very welcome and sad to leave .
But thank you all
Luke @ cabalva Farm

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Went for a spontaneous dinner, possibly the best meal we have eaten in a long time,meat perfectly cooked.

Great friendly service, lamb was beautifully cooked just over all very yummy

Defiantly return again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Fabulous old 14th Century country house, great views excellent food.We were in no rush so took our time and re-visited a venue last visited several years ago. Such an atmospheric place. Good selection of ales and a very comprehensive menu of food you would like to eat! As we were only lunching we chose light meals, but hey, tasty! The side salads were fresh, crispy, excellent dressings. Dog friendly in the bar. Lovely staff , very good service.
Definitely will call in again.

Reviewed September 2, 2019

We have been to the Rhydspence on many occasions for a drink and a chat or for something to eat. We also recommend it to any visitors that we have staying, and they always return singing the praises for the food and the ambience of the place. We have always had fantastic food, friendly helpful staff and the warmest of welcomes from Mark and Lowri.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2019

Held the wake for my mother at The Rhydspence and it was faultless. Fabulous buffet for approx 50 people. hot and cold dishes which kept being replenished as people ate and enjoyed the food. Mark and Lowri were excellent hosts, the staff were attentive and discreet. They did my mother proud, and I would certainly book any future parties there.

Date of stay: August 2019