New Inn at Brilley
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rhydspence Inn(Whitney-on-Wye)
  • Breakfast included
The Swan at Hay(Hay-on-Wye)
Llangoed Hall(Llyswen)
The Tower Hotel(Talgarth)
Woodlands Guesthouse(Builth Wells)
View Hotel
The Priory Hotel(Stretton Sugwas)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsrising sunmother earthhot tubstunning viewshay on wyeprayer flagsmagical placevery special placewhiskey barrelwood burnertranquil locationoutdoor kitchencomfy bedlong walklaid backbeautiful housewagon
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our dog was as warmly welcomed as we were, A word of caution - if you have the yellow room, make sure you have a dog small enough to be carried as the stairs are steep and narrow !! Best scrambled eggs I've ever had- must be the freshness from the hens. Thank you Daphne for such a peaceful stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Daphne T, Owner at New Inn at Brilley, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

It has been a real joy having you all three here, however I must confess, Doodle captured my heart, she is an old soul...
All the very best
Daphne

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The New Inn is just a beautiful place! As soon as my husband and I arrived, the first thing that struck us was the peace. The area is so lovely, but the peace is enhanced by the wonderful host, Daphne, who is the most welcoming, calm person I've ever met.

The area of Brilly is beautiful, but I would go back just to stay at the New Inn, to experience the peace of the place, and of course the gorgeous breakfast of home-made yoghurt, home-made jam and freshly laid eggs. The accommodation is beautiful - from another time, quirky and interesting - even the locks on the bedroom doors add to the quirkiness, although I didn't feel a need to lock the door!

There is internet access, but if you really want the power shower and TV then this is not for you. Visit with an open mind and an open heart and enjoy the peace.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Daphne T, Owner at New Inn at Brilley, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words, well it really makes me happy when guests can allow themselves to enjoy.. it is true one has to have the open heart to see beyond the set of restrictions we have set for ourselves...

And if one feels the peace that surrounds, that is what touches me most

Peace ... and peace within oneself is essential for love to grow ....

Lots Love

Daphne

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Me and my wife were attending a conference in Hay-on-Wye and wanted a B&B just for one night. I found The New Inn through booking.com and it looked really nice, just what we wanted and not far from Hay-on-Wye.

Daphne is lovely and we were amazed at what she has done with the property (an old pub).

If you hanker for something different from the usual hotel, B&B or guesthouse this could eb for you.

Breakfast wasn't the usual Full English which made a nice change. It would take a whole book to sum up all the features and niceties and I note that there are lots of other positive reviews other than to say try it. Outstanding countryside with great views. Go for it.

Room Tip: We had the Pink Room which afforded a view down the valley over the back garden area. I can't comment on the other rooms though. I don't think it matters really. It's so peaceful and quiet and quaint that room choice isn't a consideration.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Thank You for the unique experience we had while spending our short holiday at The New Inn. All our needs were greatly catered for and the Host's personality, present in every object, gave us an opportunity for interesting conversations. Peace and tranquility of the place and its location is very nourishing. There is so much to discover that our staying left us hungry for more...
See you again
K&K

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katarzyna K
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This place is a real find beautiful and quirky with a wonderful host daphne really makes you feel at home, breakfast was delicious home made yogurt and eggs to die for! We were only there one night as we were at a wedding nearby but it was lovely so peaceful. We are planning to go back and buy nights there are gifts for family and friends. It is worth noting that there are no locks on the room doors and it is a shared bathroom, but we felt it certainly added to the whole experience. Enjoy

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple