“Great Sailing, great tuition, great people...and fun!”
Review of Nomad Sailing

Nomad Sailing
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Gosport
More attraction details
Owner description: From one day sailing experiences in the Solent to full RYA training, Nomad Sailing provide a safe, sound and good humoured way to get out on the water on our fully equipped modern cruising yacht with highly qualified instructors. Food, accomodation and wet weather gear provided on all our courses.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Friends introduced me to Nomad sailing Summer 2012, and having commenced as a complete beginner, I have completed the RYA Competent Crew practical (5 days at sea) and am now studying the Dayskipper Theory.

The training was excellent. My first 5 days were with friends, and although this was hard work with a few downpours, the energy from Lou in delivering the training is a real inspiration. Taking the helm is very daunting starting out if you haven't done this before, but you literally are chucked in the deep end in being given practical responsibility. Furthermore I also did an additional weekend, taught by Jim, to practice tacking and jibing; and this was a great opportunity to meet new sailors (undertaking their Dayskipper Practical) and consolidate knowledge. He and the group were great.

I'd definitely recommend NOMAD, the training is rigorous but the courses are equally a good opportunity to meet fellow sailors and create new networks.

Thanks Lou and Jim!

1  Thank Rebeccadavies7

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I had never sailed before and joined Jim on Nomad a little nervous, on a Friday evening last May. I was introduced to the other crew members and was quickly welcomed aboard. I loved every minute of the long weekend, I learnt loads and laughed lots. Jim's teaching style is super, he gives you confidence to have a go at everything.

My second weekend with Nomad was with Lou and a different crew, once again I had a great weekend and Lou was also a super teacher, taking time to ensure we really understood what we were doing and help us improve.

Both Lou and Jim are very relaxed, friendly, experienced and professional and will share their love of sailing with you, so you are sure to have a good time.

I will defiantly sail with Nomad again!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

When I went sailing with Jim in September 2012, I already had my Day Skipper so joined the trip to gain more experience. I have mobility difficulties due to a spinal injury and had previously sailed with the Calvert Trust, an organisation and skipper who took only disabled crew. When this was no longer supported by the Trust, my skipper introduced me to Jim, who was prepared to take me on board. I had a great week socially, with a very varied age range. I took my wheelchair on board to be used for social visits ashore in the evenings. I also learned a lot; Jim is good fun, a great instructor, very patient and amazingly trusting when we get our hands on the wheel! I would highly recommend Nomad as a sailing school, for the able bodied students, as well as for someone with a disability like mine. I look forward to sailing with them again.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I sailed with Jim on Nomad 1 for a week's Yachtmaster preparation in September. We had a great week, in great company. The training was rigorous, and left me well prepared for the exam, which Jim & the team crewed me through despite my stumblings. I recommend Nomad to my friends who want to get their sailing qualifications.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I did my Comp Crew and Day Skipper (practical and theory) with Nomad, and the instruction was fantastic. Both Jim and Lou have a passionate and in-depth understanding of sailing, and they are able to pass on their knowledge in a supportive and inspirational fashion. Whether you are a novice or have some experience, their tuition is really really good. We've also sailed as a family with Nomad very successfully. The children loved it! And you can't beat sailing in the Solent!