“absolute hidden gem”

TK Snax
Ranked #15 of 178 Restaurants in Gosport
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Mexican, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Authentic Mexican, Caribbean and other cultural food as well as English Cafe favourites. Food available to eat in or take away. Based in Gosport, Hampshire.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've passed tk snax on the way to work for months and never had the chance to pop popin before now and all I can stay I'm gutted I never did because the food is out of this world. Stunning combination of flavours I can't wait to try everything on the menu. Fast friendly service. The prices are fantastic. A real hidden gem of a place. Don't be fooled by the exterior just go in and give it a try you will be hooked. I cannot get enough of this place. Please open late and start deliveries.

1  Thank Charliecharles120

Reviewed May 25, 2013

A friend and I visit different places across south hampshire every saturday morning for breakfast. Started when we used to do it, and combine it with a dogwalk afterwards.
Having started a blog a few months ago ('Out for Brekkie') to share our experiences, opening hours, prices etc, it was a real bonus to find TK snax.
Being the only customers - wonderful personalised attention from Dave. Fantastic value for money - 2 full cooked breakfasts (2 bacon/2 sausages/2 eggs/2 toast/coffee/tomatoes/beans - for under £10. Dave educated us on the rest of the menu (pulled pork etc) - he really knows his stuff. Quick/home-cooked hot food.
Don't be fooled by the location/'greasy spoon' appearance - this place is a little gem and well worth a visit.
Can't wait to head back to try something else of the huge choice of mexican/brazilian/belizian.....

1  Thank peggpoll
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've travelled around the world eating great food and often found myself complaining that there is nothing local that compares, well not any more! Found TK Snax completely by accident today and felt compelled to immediately write this review!

My first choice was the chilli beef burrito for £3.95. Firsly, size... WOW American sized portion, great value for money! Cooked to order, so a little wait, but WOW was it worth it, better than anything I've eaten outside of Mexico itself - probably as good as anything in Mexico to be honest, but I ate it so fast I'm not sure enough touched my taste buds!

The menu is larged and varied with traditional English fair alongside the Latin American & Carribean dishes, can't wait to go back and start working my way through the menu!

Gosport's best kept secret, but hopefully not for long! Will be going back very soon & very regularly!

1  Thank Kripsy79
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Yesterday we read the reviews on TripAdvisor, today we made the trip to Gosport with excitement & trepidation in our hearts... Marten's on holiday could Dave "the rave" deliver the tastiness we were looking for? Yes! A £2.50 BBQ pulled pork sandwich + spicy Mexican fries = happy tummy! The journey from Portsmouth was definitely worth it! A bargain lunch, and accompanied by some of Dave's hot sauce, a tingly treat for the taste buds! We'll be back to meet Marten & if i've worked out how to coat my insides with yoghurt the ghost chilli challenge will be mine! Seriously go, go there now! The barbacoa beef burrito is also recommended... :)

1  Thank Claire S
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Great little cafe selling good value food. A sign pointed to this cafe after getting off the Gosport Ferry and so much nicer and friendlier than a prepackaged sandwich.

I had a lush pulled pork sandwich, great value at £3.49 and tempted by a regular to get some curry goat to take home for dinner.

Will definitely try the tamales next time and they sound delicious, will always pop in when over in Gosport for work!

Best of luck for a new local business!

1  Thank Southseaspread