“Disappointing, to say the least”
Review of Bayside Cabin

Bayside Cabin
Ranked #8 of 175 Restaurants in Gosport
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Being new to the area, we are always happy to hear from other people about new places to eat. Heard good things about the breakfast at the Bayside Cabin. Lovely position, overlooking the Solent with great views from the dining room. That is all that I have to say that is positive really. Today is my husband's birthday and we decided to give it a try. Only breakfast food is served until midday, so, if like me, you are not a fan of sausages, eggs, bacon, etc it makes choosing difficult. I went for Vegetarian 2 - fried egg, griddled sliced tomato, mushrooms and toast. The egg was poor quality with thick and leathery, 'bubbly' white. The mushrooms were dry and unseasoned and the tomato was under ripe, so tasted of nothing - also not seasoned. The whole lot was luke warm on a luke warm plate.

My husband had Titanic breakfast. Everything about the breakfast was poor quality! The sausage and the black pudding were mainly cereal. The beans seemed to be a supermarket own brand with watery, anemic sauce. His was also luke warm on a luke warm plate. He said the coffee was excellent!

The bottles of sauce on the table were messy. The labels were greasy and rubbed off - they had obviously been replenished many times. There was not enough mustard in the squeezy bottle. These things should be checked?

The food was not value for money - mine was £3.99 and the Titanic was £7.50. Oh and I forgot to mention that parking is 70p an hour, as it is a municipal car park!

5  Thank SuziekewZA
There are newer reviews for Bayside Cabin

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We held our wedding reception at Bayside and could not have been more happy with it.
The staff are so warm and welcoming, there was nothing they couldn't do for us.
We planned our wedding over an 18 month period, in this time we were always in contact with Jackie (the owner), we had to change numbers and meals more than once and it was never a problem.
Jackie was wonderful in helping us with the decision making, offering us tips and advice when we needed it.
The food was outstanding, perfectly presented and tasted amazing. There was plenty to go around, thanks to Jackie's input the quantities were just right.
We even had to do a last minute change around the night before the wedding and even that wasn't a problem.
I definitely recommend Bayside, whether it be popping in for a quick meal or a special occasion, they cater for all, with a friendly service.
Couldn't have asked for a better venue or host.

1  Thank Tanya J
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been to the bayside lots of times as it is one of my father in laws favourites. The great majority of the time the food and service has been good. But back in April I went and had a burger on a busy day and was disappointed not only did they run out of rolls but the beef burgers tasted like cheap shop bought ones. I know this only once and the sandwiches and breakfasts are good, but on occasions it can be a but meh!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Every time we go we have the specials on the board and the food is fantastic, more than good value for money. Excellent service. And the setting in Stokes Bay is a bonus.

1  Thank ellenterry43
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Lovely food, great location and competitive prices. Can't fault the staff who are very proficient and attentive. Well worth a visit if you like to be right on the shore.

2  Thank dogtired1965