“Probably the Best Indian in Gosport”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The New Bengal

The New Bengal
Ranked #4 of 171 Restaurants in Gosport
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Essex
“Probably the Best Indian in Gosport”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

High quality food a great staff. Sonny and Mac who run the place are very very good with people and the food standard is consistently on the very good side of the scale. I think the drinks are expensive (£4 for a bottle of Sparkling Water) but the food isn't expensive and is always very tasty and hot (as in latent heat not pepper heat) I always take friends there and no-one has ever been disappointed so I highly recommend it as an eatery.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Prewt

London
“Best Indian food ever tasted”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our family live in London and go to many Indian restaurants(actually we're sitting in one at the foot of Tower Bridge right now) we spent the Christmas week in a rented house in Gosport and spent a lot of time in Gun Wharf. On our final evening we decided -enough of the chain restaurants! So all came to New Bengal... So glad we're we all. Had the most fabulous evening... Food,service, atmosphere all first class... Shame we can't pop in on regular Friday evenings!

2 Thank Bobblybits
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Faultless Quality”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

There is no doubt in my mind that this is an excellent Indian restaurant. My wife and I frequently use the restaurant and the take away service. The food is always well cooked with very good quality ingredients. When dining at the restaurant the service is friendly, efficient, personal and polite. The staff make you feel really welcome and value your custom. Menu is varied and fairly priced for the high quality food it offers. Full marks to all at the Bengal.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Tim P
Rugby
“Consistently High Standards”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I've been looking for a good home delivery since moving from London two years ago. I know I should have consulted TripAdvisor sooner but now that I have done so, I am happy to say that I share the views of the vast majority of reviewers of the New Bengal. I've only had the home delivery service so far. Staff on the telephone are pleasant. Delivery time varies, especially at weekends, I suggest you make sure you give your phone number and postcode. The food is consistently delicious and there's plenty of it.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Liz H
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“A consistently great experience”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We've been to the New Bengal a number of times, usually without children, and have always been impressed by the food, service and ambience.

Our most recent visit was as a family - my wife and I wanted a great meal out and our children wanted to be grown up and adventurous. So we went as soon as they opened at 6pm.

The welcome was as warm as usual, the food was beautifully cooked (milder for children was no problem) and the children were made up when the owner gave them a treat for being so well behaved.

They can't wait to go back, and neither can we.

• Visited October 2012