We were welcomed by courteous staff, shown to our table and then it all started to go wrong !!!
1. My husband’s 20oz plaice was not 20 oz skin bone and all !!!
2. My son and I both had hunters chicken and it tasted as if it had been kept warm for hours, the bacon was tough and the cheese greasy and hard with very little barbeque sauce.
3. The vegetables were tired and tasteless.
4. There were no vegetables for my husband to compliment his fish, only chips, a few peas or side salad would have been nice.
5. The desserts were awful, overpriced at £5.55 each and not fresh at all, my granddaughter had rice pudding that she couldn’t finish as it was so stiff and stodgy , which was sad as it was her favourite pudding, the chocolate fudge cake that our other granddaughter had was huge and hard, we had to cut it with a knife to enable her to eat some of it, I think that maybe it was that old that she was given what was left to get rid of it, there was not a fudgy thing about it. My son’s profiterole’s were crispy/hard, my husband felt his peach Bakewell was tasteless and my apple pie was approximately 8cm x 8cm, and no more than 1 cm high for £5.55 I feel that it should have been a bit more substantial and I have never tasted custard like the custard I was served up, it was runny and bland.
I did not complain at the time as I had my granddaughters with me and I felt I wanted to go away and reflect on the meal and decide on my action as I feel that for over £120.00 we should of at least been able to leave the table having enjoyed 95% of the meal not 5% (which were the starters). I don't mind paying a good price for good food. but this was Pub Grub at it's worst for restaurant prices. I wrote a letter to the owner and have had no reply, maybe they are used to getting letters such as this. I was sad as this was meant to be a lovely ending to a great day with my son and his family!!!!!