“Best food in town”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Postcode: PO12 4LQ
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Fantastic food, interesting menu, friendly & helpful staff who go above and beyond the call of duty.
10/10 - must dine there again soon !!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My partner and I recently lunched here. I took a while to choose as I found it rather daunting deciding from the various menus and opting for something not too expensive. I decided on the two course lunch menu at £6.95 and choose the Garlic mushrooms as a starter and the Asparagus quiche for the main. For the price, I guess the portions were adequate. However, I was disappointed with the quiche mainly because the pastry was not very palatable.

My partner opted for the white bait (a starter at £6.55) and a portion of cheesy chips (£3.95) which he enjoyed but which I feel are overpriced.

I appreciate the fact you are visiting a pub with a nice scenic view but I do feel the menu is overpriced against the quality of the food served up. It could also be simplified and should include more inspiring vegetarian options. The staff were friendly and attentive.

2  Thank rollobear
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This review would have been very bad indeed had it not been for the new waitress from Chichester who seems to know a thing or two about good customer service and saved the day. I ordered the lamb steak - at £14 pretty expensive - which was totally inedible. Even though it was covered in a thick sauce it was clear that it was gristly and when I tried to cut into it it was as tough as old wellies. However as soon as we complained, it was taken away and I was invited to re-order. She also took away my husband's food to keep warm and brought him a fresh plate of veg when mine was ready. I opted for the safe bet of steak and kidney pud, which I've had here several times before and it was ok though lacking a bit in meat and gravy - I.e too much pudding. Some money was taken off the bill, which wasn't strictly necessary - all in all she tried very hard to recover the situation. I don't think the food is as good as it was and it did seem to rely very heavily on microwaves and fryers but I can't fault the service so we'll go back but order something else next time!

3  Thank LondonBarneys
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Really nice Sunday roasts. This pub is tucked away but when you find it the views are brilliant, right by the sea. Friendly service, lovely friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank debsstalbans
Reviewed April 13, 2013

On arriving, we were seated next to a party of three diners which was strange as there were plenty of free tables available which would have suited our party of four better. You then have to circum-navigate the pub to see all of the food available. There was the lunch menu, the fish menu, the meat menu, the al a carte menu and a bar food menu. Why not put it all in one book and call it " THE MENU ". My mother in law is partially blind, so relaying the various menus was a chore to say the least. Three of us had a starter. my wife had moulles, which were "nothing special", David had mushroom soup,(which I am guessing came from a tin, but cost £4.95!!!), and I opted for the rather expensive deep fried prawns with salsa.What I got was three king prawns, not fresh, on a tired bit of lettuce and two slices of tomato, which again did not look fresh. The salsa was in fact garlic and chilli sauce straight from a bottle of "blue dragon". When I have had this dish before, the prawn usually has a tail. These king prawns were just peeled king prawns, the sort you would use in a sandwich. Three of us had the "fresh" crab. Three of us were served crab that was in fact off. One taste of mine and I knew it was bad, my wifes also, we didnt even bother to try mother in laws. David had cod, chips and peas. We sent back the crab. We declined offers of more food, even beer. I would not recomend this place to anyone. The food is rubbish. A really cheeky outfit serving pub food at restaurant prices, and not even very good food at that.The "chef" should resign at once and go back to digging ditches.

3  Thank frannylea