“Great!!!!”

and up
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard: All Attraction Ticket
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Gosport
Reviewed November 2, 2012

As a submariner this hits all the buttons for me, but it is good for everyone. Just a tad difficult to get to, if you are not in Gosport, the only real ay to get there is to use the Ferry. Enjoy!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

A really good day out Paul our guide was an ex submariner full of enthusiasm and knowledge . Excellent value for money I took my own 2 children and 4 nephews aged 9 to 17 they had a great time and took alot way with them from the day.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I took a friend to the Submarine Museum on Tuesday 29th October 2012. My mate is really unsteady on his feet and, most of the time, is in a wheelchair. We spent 5 hours looking round the museum. The staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable. My mate managed to walk up the steps onto HMS Alliance and the staff even moved his wheelchair so that it was waiting for us when we exited the submarine.

An excellent day out and well done to all the staff.

2  Thank Drewat4
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I took my mother to the submarine museum on two consecutive days! This was because we wanted to see her Father's Naval record and could only do this by prior arrangement Monday to Friday. It was amazing that we could do this, and also go to the Chapel where his name is recorded in the Book of Remembrance. Obviously this had been pre-arranged and security checks made but this was particularly special.
The following day (Saturday) we returned to see the actual museum as HMS Alliance submarine is currently closed for viewing on weekdays while it is being refurbished. I am so glad we did as although I am not a fan of confined places I did not feel uncomfortable, and the tour guide was superb. All the guides are ex sub-mariners, so can talk with authority and experience.
The museum itself has lots of exhibits and the first Navy submarine which you can go inside. Even if you don't have children with you, the kids area is worth a visit, explaining the complexities of toilet visits while on board.
The parking is free and plenty of spaces available. I think the car park closes soon after the museum so you need to bear this in mind if using the waterbus from the Sub Museum around the harbour which stops at HMS Victory and other attractions in Portsmouth.
There is also a new memorial garden which lists all lost submariners under the heading of their ship. At the time of our visit this was still under construction, but will be a calm place to reflect on the sacrifice made by the many who have served their country over the years.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The submarine tour was excellent, I really enjoyed it and the guide was brilliant. Although it may have been a bit too long for 2 under 7's but they got through it, annoyingly when the guide asked if anyone had any questions the kids went silent, and of course as soon as we stepped off the submarine they were full of questions, So I think they did secretly enjoy it!

Plenty to look around, with some hands on learning. The Navys first submarine and the film they play inside was a hit with the boy, he didn't want to leave.