“First Class Accommodation & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Windbrake House

Windbrake House
Ranked #2 of 20 Gosport B&B and Inns
St Helens, Merseyside
“First Class Accommodation & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Myself, husband and mum-in-law attended a family party in Gosport this last weekend and stayed at Windbrake House. On arrival we were welcomed with a lovely pot of tea and homemade chocolate/oranage cake. The accommodation in the Mulberry room was first class, and an absolute treat to stay in, the bed was the comfiest I think I've ever slept in. The breakfast next morning was delicous. The smaller Juno room which my mum-in-law occupied was also of a very high standard. The friendly owner of the house Sally very kindly drove us to the party on Saturday night. I would highly recommend this luxury guest house and will not hesitate to stay again when we visit the area.

Room Tip: Mulberry room is huge with beautiful views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've stayed at Windbrake several times over the last few months. The friendliness of Sally is always a highlight and the house is a delight. The 'Gold' bedroom and its en-suite are like something out of Homes and Gardens - really special. The extra large bed is just what I needed after a very long day and the breakfasts - Wow. Great food and lots of it, perfect to set you up for a day of work. Alverstoke is a lovely village and the local pub and chinese restaurant are worth a visit. Windbrake is a hundred yards from the Solent and this week I made a point of driving along the foreshore and taking in the sunrise. Why would you want to stay in a bland hotel when you can be pampered by Sally? And you can enjoy a special treat which is waiting for you when you return from work - this week it was banana and chocolate cake. She knows how to spoil me! I'm not sure when I'll be down there again, but I'll make a point of taking my wife to Windbrake later in the year and let Sally spoil her too.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet but the front rooms have views over the Solent. Gold looks West over the gar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Five days spent in a lovely setting with excellent service. On arrival I was greated with a warm welcome and taken to my beautiful room. The room was furnished to an extremely high standard, full of all the mod. cons. and a bed to die for!
The food was home made and extremely good.
Highly recommended...you need to see it to believe it!

Room Tip: With the Roman blinds up you can even see the sea from the four poster!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

As a few friends were leaving the UK to travel for the rest of the year we decided to book a weekend away to have a good send off. On arrival we were greeted by a wonderfully friendly Sally who showed us to our rooms. Our group of 6 occupied all of the rooms and I stayed in the "Gold" room which was immaculate with an incredible ensuit bathroom and the most luxuriant and comfortable bed i have ever had the pleasure of sleeping in.

The breakfast was lovely, having a full english in the morning and Sally was on hand and more than helpful in giving us advice on where to go and what to do in the area.

I well deserved 5 star rating, we are looking forward to booking again for when our friends return from their travels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Simon L
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

All of the rooms were exceptionally presented with lovely furniture and magnificent bathrooms. I could not have asked for more from my stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for accommodation in the Gosport area. I have not been to a nicer B&B and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

just got back after a 2 night stay in the gold mulberry room.. We were greeted by Sally who took us and showed us our room which was wonderful.The little touches that Sally provides is really great ie candles by the bath , eye gel and cotton wool buds. The power shower is a great start to the day followed by a wonderful breakfast. We had a cooked one the 1st morning then the 2nd morning i had the fresh fruit salad which was delicious. Plenty of toast, coffee,tea and nothing was too much trouble for Sally. On our return to our room in the eve there was mince pies in the room , which were really tasty!!!
We did joke with Sally that we would take the bed home with us as it was so comfortable , it was such a great 2 nights sleep. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: any of the room are great
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recently stayed for one night at Windbrake House, I was travelling alone on a business trip. I arrived at 8pm to be greeted by Sally, the welcome was both professional and warm, I even received a complimentary slice of cake (excellent cake might I add). I was escorted to my beautiful room, on the first floor which looks out onto the sea.... You can see the lights in the distance from the Isle of Wight. The room was very large with the most beautiful, tasteful decor I've seen in a long while. If you appreciate a soothing bath after a long day then you'll love the cast iron one in the Mulberry suite. All furnishings and bedding are of 5* quality. The breakfast was in a quaint, airy and clean dining room. I had fresh coffee and smoked salmon with scrambled egg, beautifully cooked. I'd recommend this B&B to anyone wanting a luxury stay at affordable prices. And I'll be going back again whenever I'm in Hampshire!

Room Tip: Mulberry Suite!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gosport
The Old Lodge Hotel
BEST WESTERN Royal Beach Hotel
Leeward House B&B
Leeward House B&B
#2 of 8 in Lee-on-the-Solent

Been to Windbrake House? Share your experiences!