“Average quality food at a reasonable price”

Cocked Hat, Flaming Grill
Ranked #71 of 177 Restaurants in Gosport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cocked Hat is famous for flame-grilled food and sizzling skillets. All of our steaks are 28 day matured and there's nowhere better to get a pint when the football's on! We offer a welcoming and friendly atmosphere, unbeatable value and a great place to meet up with family, enjoy a pint after work with friends, catch up with the girls over a glass of wine, or just sit back and relax at the weekend.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our first visit earlier in the year the food was excellent for the value but unfortunately on our second visit the taste and quality didn't match our previous visit. Obviously we appreciate taste will vary depending on the chief, so we will go there again. The place was clean and staff helpful and friendly

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Having read the mixed reviews I was uncertain whether to visit the Cocked Hats. We were pleased that we did. The food was very good indeed. I had the T-bone steak, which is a new item on the menu. You don't see this very often, and if you do, it's likely to cost far more than the £14.49 it's on offer here. I was a little worried as it's a dish that can be easily spoiled, but I needn't have worried. It was cooked exactly as I requested, and tasted gorgeous. The other items, chips, peas, onions and baby mushrooms, were also good. My wife's choice of the Codfather wasn't available, (which cost them one star) but her second choice got the thumbs up. The deserts looked appetising, but they will have to wait for another day!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I am writing this due to the fact I've been up for the last 2 hours being very ill, having got back from the resturant at about 9:30.
I had the Codfather with chips and peas, the fish was cold, as were the chips and the batter was soggy. My meal was also not the only one that was cold. Plus the only reason I ordered the fish was because it was one of the only things on the menu that didn't come with sizzling onions!
The staff were friendly enough and it seemed like a good pub, but the food was awful.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Cocked Hat, Flaming Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Hi Mila125
We were sorry to hear about your recent experience and I would like to investigate your comments further.
I will post a private message for contact details.
Many thanks.
Guest Service
FG

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family love eating here, its very clean, the food is excellent and the staff very very friendly. I would recommend this pub to everyone. We often go lunchtimes as well as evenings.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

i wrote to the group who own this eating house, as it was so run down, and i said something should be done.I had an answer from them, and a lot of work has been done and more people use it now, so well done to them, give it a try.