“Wonderful”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bildeston
The Bildeston Crown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bildeston
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed with my partner for family wedding weekend had an excellent time food in Ingrams was lovely if not a bit expensive.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have visited the crown on two occasions and had 2 very different experiences.
My first experience was a very good one, well looked after and great tasting well presented food. I was very impressed and looked forward to returning.
My second visit wasn't as good as my first. Again I was well looked after by the staff, but the food was a let down on this visit. It was a sunday lunch and did not live up to the high standards I was expecting. The yorkshire pudding was overcooked, the gravy lacked in flavour and the potatoes looked and tasted like they had been microwaved. The dessert was also a let down. I ordered the pavlova and was presented with a miniture pavlova a miniture muffin and a miniture doughnut, all of which tasted dry and lacked in flavour.

I would return here as I was impressed with my first visit, but my second visit has put me off from ever returning on a sunday.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked this for my husband's birthday. When we arrived I ordered afternoon tea. This was served in the bar area which was fairly busy. There was a good selection of cakes and sandwiches. When I booked only two rooms were left for my chosen day, one being the black fuchsia room. This was very tastefully decorated and had a very nice free-standing bath, the shower was excellent and very roomy. Only minus would be there is no tea/coffee making facility but bottled water was provided. Had a very enjoyable evening meal in the restaurant and they were happy to change an ingredient in one of the meals. The staff were young but still very attentive. Lovely breakfast next day of cereal, full English and pastries.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We arrived at midnight after our wedding to a wonderful, warm welcome. Although we had married at a different venue we found the staff at the Crown romantics at heart and they really looked after us.
Despite the time we asked for food and were quickly provided with cheese on toast and fizzy drinks.
Our room was beautiful and a lovely size. There was no noise and extremely comfortable. Although looking small, breakfast was very filling and great quality.
A small quibble would be that the curtains in our room needed a little bit of attention, but it really did not impact on our stay.
The hotel is also full of lovely artwork and has a great atmosphere and decor.

Room Tip: you can look at all the rooms on the website so have a good nose first!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I visited the restaurant for a romantic evening meal shortly after they had seperated the menu's. We ate in the standard menu and were really pleased with the food, it was delicious. The wine was also of very good quality and the atmosphere in there is lovely.
A minor gripe was the staff who served us, who were all quite young were polite but they wer'nt as attentive as we would of liked. An example of this was after finishing our main meal our plates were left of the table a bit too long.
However overall our experience was a good one and we will definitely be going back again soon, I would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Wonderful food as always. Cannot fault the quality

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2012

There were six in our party and we booked for Sunday lunch to celebrate a birthday and it was the first time that any of the party had eaten at the Crown. I found it was a good experience from beginning to end.

On arriving we were pleasantly met and glad to remove our coats as it had been raining heavily and then shown to the bar to order our drinks. Not long after we were taken to a lounge which was big and very comfortable and found this relaxing for a chat before our meal and after a few minutes we were given the menu and our order for lunch was taken.

The restuarant was large with plenty of space between tables and we were given time to settle while the bread arrived and the wine poured out.

I must say the food was excellant. We all had roast beef which was deliciously cooked and served with enormous Yorkshire puddings and plenty of freshly prepared vegetables. The service was great with all the attention when we needed it and then allowed to enjoy the food and company and didn't feel at all rushed.

The deserts were very well presented with an eye for detail and tasted as good as they looked. Overall, I am very pleased with our Sunday lunch and wouldn't hesitate to book another meal when the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bildeston
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
#1 of 3 in Long Melford
The Mill Hotel
The Mill Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sudbury

Been to The Bildeston Crown? Share your experiences!