“Don't agree with previous reviews! Wouldn't recommend.”

Mcmillans Delicatessen
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Don't agree with previous reviews! Wouldn't recommend.”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I visited this deli after reading these wonderful reviews. Unfortunately, the service I received couldn't have been so different.
As I walked in, the two gentlemen were swearing at each other, totally unaware that I was standing in the doorway. I didn't let this stop me entering and went to have a browse.
First of all, the shelf stock I felt was overpriced for what you're getting. I walked over to the counter, struggling to get through as there were tables and too many chairs so the place felt cramped. The food didn't look appetising at all, and also, DIDN'T LOOK HOMEMADE!!! (He claims he makes his food).
I was put off by this, and also by them both following me round the shop, making me feel uneasy, not at all friendly.

I ended up buying a sandwich at the co-op next door as I wasn't willing to spend my money here.

• Visited October 2013
8 Thank Krissy P

“Budleigh, finest”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This deli has been what budleigh needed for a long time
Extremely friendly and helpful with quality produce from fresh bread to excellent quiche, cheeses, cold meats
Their range of home made chocolates are as good as anywhere
There are two or three tables to sit inside and have coffee which is excellent or a light lunch
They also cater for those who want an early breakfast

Visited October 2013
Thornton-le-Moor, United Kingdom
“A must when in Budleigh Salterton”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

What an excellent deli. Not to be missed. I'll soon be back to try a breakfast. Wonderful range of cheeses, cold meats, pie and pasties, as well as lovely items from caviar, special sardines, great jam, cakes, bread etc etc. the choice of sandwiches and wraps are really different and sound yummy
John and his colleague are very helpful and friendly.
You must try the chocolates ........
Enjoyed a well made Latte ... Good to see people popping in and clearly loving the place.
Johns giving a cooking demo tomorrow at the Town Hall for the Food festival

• Visited October 2013
“What a treat ”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Went in today I had the breakfast and my partner had the breakfast club sandwich . Best breakfast we have had in a long time all local produce . Both members of staff were great and very friendly bought sum items to take home as well . Well be back for more . Try the chocolate they are out of this world

Warwick
“An unexpected treat”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Thought this was just a retail establishment, but it has a few tables, where they serve morning coffee, light lunches and afternoon teas. We had soup:,I had ham and pea, my husband , cauliflour and cheese. Took a while to arrive but when it did, it was the best soup we'd had in a while. It was garnished with croutons and crispy bacon, delicious . We had a cream tea on another occasion, and the scones were light and very moreish. On the day we came home from our holiday, we bought a takeaway salad and a mini flan. So at a service station on a miserable day, we were able to enjoy a tasty and fresh lunch. The staff at the deli were really friendly , and I believe the chef was once employed at a prestigious hotel It showed. Do try it, the food is lovely!

• Visited September 2013